+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How can I take that final step to encourage labour to begin?!

Due to medical reasons, I am booked in for an induction for next week. However, I would love for labour to start naturally if it can, and avoid the medical induction. I have been 3cm dilated & 50% effaced for around two weeks now. Baby's head is also very low. I have had extremely strong BH, ongoing period-type pains, and a few false labour incidents. I feel like I could go into labour at any moment. I just feel like my body won't take that last step!

I've tried nipple stimulation every day for a week, by using the breast pump - this resulted in 5min apart contractions, but they stop about an hour after I stop using the pump. I've tried spicy food and walking and bouncing on the fit ball. I've tried to not think about it, and have a nice warm bath and a good nights sleep, and make sure I'm nice and relaxed.

Is there anything else I can do to get labour happening, or will it just happen when (if) it happens? Is it better to keep up and about, bouncing on the ball and walking and using the breast pump, or is it better to just relax and hope it happens in its own time - does stressing about it stop labour from happening? I feel a bit at a loss as to what to do, but I would love to get it happening if I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never been truly successful at starting labour, the only thing that's ever done the trick for me was climbing up and down 5 flights of stairs a couple of times. Stairs whilst your having some strong BH or pre labour contractions maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    S*x moved things along for me. I was like you - dilated, baby low, false labour, BH. Dtd started my mucous plug shifting and things started up from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    s*x.... 2x in one day got me to go into labour...

good luck

xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How can I take that final step to encourage labour to begin?!

Clary sage and accupressure
    Started at 37w. Spontaneous 6 hour labour 39w4d
    Last edited by Kazza78; 11-12-2014 at 19:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    S3x and raspberry leaf tea worked for me. My sister went bowling and went into labour that night, SIL mowed the lawn to get hers going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks.... it seems like s3x is the winner!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Stretch and sweep worked for me. In conjunction with getting too emotionally invested in a tv show only to have my heart ripped out when a pivotal character was killed off. Good luck with pulling that off in a short time frame, though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Stretch and sweep worked for me. In conjunction with getting too emotionally invested in a tv show only to have my heart ripped out when a pivotal character was killed off. Good luck with pulling that off in a short time frame, though!
    Were you watching Offapring? I'm sure one of the hubbers has blamed that in the past.

Sex and bouncing on the trampoline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was already 8 days overdue but the night I went into labour I danced, I kid you not Lol. Happy hormones must have kicked in and I just pranced around to some music for half an hour an then tired myself out, fell asleep and woke up to contractions not long after.