+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Given a complication free pregnancy I would be hesitant to accept a c/s at 37 weeks just because your OB will be away. Our hospital policy (major metropolitan hospital) is 39 weeks for a general elective c/s. While babies are considered "term" from 37 weeks, if baby isn't ready he/she could experience complications like respiratory distress syndrome, poor feeding because of an immature suck reflex and end up in special care nursery. In saying that, baby could come out perfectly fine. There's just no way to know. The fact you're on here asking advice makes me think you are questioning this decision yourself. Only you can decide if you're happy to accept a c/s at 37 weeks Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my last c-section at 37w6d so 15 days before DD... The only thing I was concerned with was that bub would have a poor sucking reflex, as this is one of the last thing to mature... I was prepared for this & got a good pump & started pumping antenatally so that my supply would be on its way before the birth, I had planned on continuing to pump until bub was mature enough.., but it wasn't a problem, bub sucked like a pro! So to answer your question, do some research & if your happy with the risks / have a plan then I don't see any issues :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my 3rd c-sec at 38 weeks and when going for a 4th I'd say that it would be in the 37 weeks, if there is no medical reason for it to be early then push it as late as you can. But mine have gotten earlier with each one too.