+ Reply to Thread
    amongst the gumtrees
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How do you respect your dh when you don't feel loved

Dh and I are gong through a very rough patch. We fight nearly every day. I tend to hold a grudge which I've got to learn to let go. A huge thing for me lately over quite a while is simply not feeling loved. Ive been plugging along each day feeling worse and worse. I've discussed with him my feelings. And to the point of being extremely blunt and saying what I want is simple things like an I love you note etc . We talked a bit more and he said from me he wants more respect. I am really struggling with this as over the last few months our family has nearly been torn apart by his actions (not cheating it's to do with his daughter), he's lied continuously, did things sneakily, shoots me down whenever I have tried to talk to him. He's told me my feelings are stupid and why would I feel that way. Yet he wants me to respect him. How ? .?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default How do you respect your dh when you don't feel loved

That's a tough one. Not feeling loved can spark such negative feelings like resentment etc. once you find yourself in that ball park, respect is often lost. I don't know that I have any real advice, but I can certainly understand and relate to what you're going through. Many hugs. I often say though, if you want respect, you must be respectable. It doesn't sound like his actions have been as such. Maybe ask him what respect means to him and what he thinks is showing him respect. I have often found that our views on such things often vary. Maybe once you have those answers you can better understand the situation and open the lines of communication to improve your relationship?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (09-12-2014)