+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    This is a completely genuine question, open to anyone who has had an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy...and please note, I ask it without judgement. For those who find themselves in this situation, was it a case of failed contraception? (Eg. mini-pill insufficient whilst breastfeeding, etc).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I was told I'd never have children, as was FOB. So we just didn't bother with any contraceptive. We both knew we were clean of any STI's, etc. I fell pregnant with DD and, tbh, I fully expected to lose her. When I didn't, she was classed as a "miracle baby".
    Anyway, fast forward a year and I am, again, 13 weeks UTD with a second "miracle" baby. After 6 m/c I'm classing them as miraculous as well. No one could tell me what was different about DD or anything so I just shrugged it off as a once-in-a-lifetime miracle and went on my merry way. So, there you have it. I'm seriously considering having my tubes tied after I have this one. I was done after DD, so this one is a huge surprise for me and I went through the consideration of termination but decided against it for my own reasons. Clearly, my doctors were very wrong.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

J37  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    This is a completely genuine question, open to anyone who has had an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy...and please note, I ask it without judgement. For those who find themselves in this situation, was it a case of failed contraception? (Eg. mini-pill insufficient whilst breastfeeding, etc).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I was on the pill with DS and fell pregnant obviously it didn't work I think I was on antibiotics at the time..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

J37  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wow... Is this one of life's hardest decisions....

Sorry I posted here by mistake but meant to reply to another thread.
    Last edited by Hopingfornumber3; 14-12-2014 at 20:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopingfornumber3 View Post
    Thank you for the responses so far (sorry for the delay in my reply, I've been away). Can I ask any of you to give me your stories on how you've managed sharing your time etc? I am a little concerned about having enough one-on-one time with each of my 3 children, making sure I can nurture them all, make them not feel like one in a large crowd etc, let alone if there was a 4th.

Would anyone like to comment on this?

X
    My kids have just adjusted. The older ones love the babies and spending time with them and the babies just have to wait if I'm busy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the major delay in response, I went a little bit into hiding. We have been working through it all, and have decided to keep our pregnancy.

There will be some pretty hard years financially and time management wise, but hopefully we'll get through it with 4 beautiful kids.

To be honest, I'm finding it hard to get excited. I don't know if it's the fact it was unexpected, or that I feel guilty for considering termination, but I just wish I could feel how I did at the beginning of my other pregnancies.

I can't get in to my OB for a scan until mid jan, so maybe that's a factor too?

Hopefully time will help...

X

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopingfornumber3 For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (23-12-2014),VicPark  (24-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Hopingfornumber3 congratulations on your pregnancy!!! don't feel bad or disheartened about not feeling excited.. when I was pregnant with DS I considered terminating, I also felt I couldn't get excited.. I now have a beautiful 15 year old young man who is and always has been the light in my life! Just give it time and you will start to get excited and fall in love with your little bub xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! The excitement will surely come, and I for one think that even in the hard times ahead, you won't regret keeping this baby x

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you and your family all the very best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! Maybe the embracement won't come until your first scan, first kick, or meet him/her face to face or maybe not until you see just how perfectly they slot into your family but it will come all the best with your pregnancy

And you have to let the guilt go you're only human and you were trying to figure out what was best for you and your family. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

Hopingfornumber3  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopingfornumber3 View Post
    Sorry for the major delay in response, I went a little bit into hiding. We have been working through it all, and have decided to keep our pregnancy.

There will be some pretty hard years financially and time management wise, but hopefully we'll get through it with 4 beautiful kids.

To be honest, I'm finding it hard to get excited. I don't know if it's the fact it was unexpected, or that I feel guilty for considering termination, but I just wish I could feel how I did at the beginning of my other pregnancies.

I can't get in to my OB for a scan until mid jan, so maybe that's a factor too?

Hopefully time will help...

X
    My age gap is ten months with my two, and sometimes I think crap what have I done. Ultimately it comes down to my strong husband I think. You already have 3 beautiful kids.

I wanted to abort H but couldn't bring myself to do it. Now our families complete and my tubes are done lol. Good luck I hope your ok xxxxx have a great Xmas xoxo