+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't seem to find the threads at the moment but I'm pretty sure I've seen them! Maybe start one? There are lots of people who I'm sure would be happy to share their first hand experiences of the pros/cons of going from 3 to 4 kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    I can't seem to find the threads at the moment but I'm pretty sure I've seen them! Maybe start one? There are lots of people who I'm sure would be happy to share their first hand experiences of the pros/cons of going from 3 to 4 kids.
    Thanks, I might try that. Where do you think I would start it? General parenting?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopingfornumber3 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, that sounds like the section to put it in. I will join you in your thread and let you know how it was and still is

Quote Originally Posted by Hopingfornumber3 View Post
    Thanks, I might try that. Where do you think I would start it? General parenting?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Hopingfornumber3  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambiwantsababy View Post

What a load of shxt I wasn't guilt tripping anyone just giving my opinion. That is, after all what she asked for.

I'm trying to understand why your opinion would be valid though? You've never had an unplanned pregnancy and you only have one child, so what exactly can you offer this topic? Apart from no personal experience? Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 14-12-2014 at 12:35.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Full House  (13-12-2014),Purple Lily  (13-12-2014),Ruby_Tuesday15  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Full House; 14-01-2015 at 10:28.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-12-2014),harvs  (13-12-2014),TheGooch  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP I haven't had a chance to read any replies and may not be able to offer anything valid to you however when my first bub was 5 months I fell pregnant totally unplanned. We also faced a similar decision to you. The things I found useful to helping make that decision were:

Pros and cons list (as silly as this sounds seeing everything on paper was very helpful)

Talking with others who had gone through the procedure and also who had kept an unplanned pregnancy.

Listening to my heart - Making a decision and then sleeping on it for as long as possible to be sure it was the right one.

Writing in a journal over a period of a week or two about how I was feeling at different times. This really helped and I also figured if later down the track I wanted to remember why I had made the decision I could read back over it and be positive it was for the right reasons.

Good luck. Thinking of you

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-12-2014),Hopingfornumber3  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP

I am really sorry you are going through this.

I would strong suggest you and your husband access pregnancy counselling. I cannot recommend any in Tasmania (you have to be careful of these services, some of them are pro life services in disguise), only in QLD. But if you contact either the Women's Health Centre or Family Planning I am sure they will be able to advise you which is an appropriate service (I'm not talking about a counsellor in a private termination clinic)

http://www.fpt.asn.au/contact-us/clinic-locations.html

http://www.hwhc.com.au/services

This is the service I would recommend if you were in QLD, you could even contact them and see if they can advise on a similar service in Tasmania

http://www.childrenbychoice.org.au/contact

Good luck OP

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-12-2014),Hopingfornumber3  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a completely genuine question, open to anyone who has had an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy...and please note, I ask it without judgement. For those who find themselves in this situation, was it a case of failed contraception? (Eg. mini-pill insufficient whilst breastfeeding, etc).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My partner and I were using a condom and it broke - so I took the morning after pill and 13 hours later I vomited. My doctor assured me there was no way I would be pregnant after that. But I was.

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    This is a completely genuine question, open to anyone who has had an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy...and please note, I ask it without judgement. For those who find themselves in this situation, was it a case of failed contraception? (Eg. mini-pill insufficient whilst breastfeeding, etc).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

17. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

J37  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to take the pill and was young and silly enough to think it wouldn't happen to me :-/

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

J37  (14-12-2014)