+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Santa photos

We were thinking of heading down to Brisbane on the weekend to take DD to see Santa as in the past we have seen the Myer Santa land and it looks so inviting. However we have just seen the David Jones Santa advertised on their website and the fact that you get a text message to tell you when Santa is ready to see you is a big draw card and saves queuing for hours with an impatient 3 year old. Just wondered if anyone had been to see Santa at David Jones and how it compares and what the cost is. We also plan on looking at the city decorations and window displays but wondered what other Christmassy things are worth seeing while we are down there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I started this silly tradition where I only want the kids to have their photo taken with a 'David Jones' Santa, yes, I'm a Santa snob , and I always want the same background in the photo each year, but I have to say, compared with Myer, DJ the photo packages are more expensive and the gift they give the kids is so lame (think cardboard hat) compared to Myer who give a proper gift usually.

As for ques, we generally go when it's the least busy times and don't ever have a huge wait, but I think it depends on which DJ's you go to. I haven't heard of the text message thing, but that is such a great idea.

As for other Christmas/y things to see, if you're in the city, that's the best place to start, apart from shows etc in the various towns/suburbs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myer santa land is rubbish. I was extremely disappointed with the scene,
    My local (not very large) shopping Centre one is better but I went into the city thinking I would get a quality product. And, what gift?!! Apparently the Carindale one is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I took my sons to Orion at Springfield Central. Amazing! They get a candy cane, not a gift but the first photo is free (and the packs are really affordable) but santa is in a closed off room so only the family getting the photo are in there, you get a buzzer that beeps when its your turn to come back for your photo (so no waiting in lines) and the photographer is amazing (she managed to get my son giggling when he started out crying) highly recommend it, its well worth the drive out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    And its quite a nice backdrop too, and my boy with SPD copes really well there being in a closed off room without too many noises etc.
    Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @peanutmonkey, your boys are gorgeous! Smiley, happy boys!
    We were at Orion on the weekend, but didn't get a photo, last year I got the free one but only had two out of 4 kids with me, and you're right, it's a lovely back drop and a good system with the beeper etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    @peanutmonkey, your boys are gorgeous! Smiley, happy boys!
    We were at Orion on the weekend, but didn't get a photo, last year I got the free one but only had two out of 4 kids with me, and you're right, it's a lovely back drop and a good system with the beeper etc.
    Aww thanks! How did I not know how close you are to me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Aww thanks! How did I not know how close you are to me?
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We do Orion as well! They are fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    :-( Now I want to get another one done because mine sucks.