+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pill / Mirena

Help Ladies! I am a hormonal mess and am quickly nearing my wits end! Since having my DS2 (3 years ago), I've had the most horrendous periods that last for 10-13 days and the worst part is the mood swings, going from fine and happy one day to totally anxious / down in the dumps the next. It's getting to the point where I am consumed by it each and every month.
    I was given two options, Mirena or low dose pill. I chose the pill and was on Loette for 9 months. This didn't work and I still had long periods and a lowered mood on it (which I found out after was a side effect). I have just stopped it and dead set feel like I'm pregnant with the horrible mood swings!!! (I'm not pregnant BTW). I hope things settle soon.

I went and saw a top Gyno who advised me to try the Mirena as it has lower hormones, and they supposedly mainly go direct to the uterus rather than all through the blood ******. I've heard not so good stories about the Mirena, but don't know what else to do. She's said she will monitor me and if it's not working for me then she'll take it out again.

Anyone else suffering since having babies? What has worked for you? I've been an anxiety sufferer since losing my first baby 7 years ago but have learnt ways to deal with it using meditation/relaxation etc. I'm not suffering depression, but I am certainly not enjoying life at the moment with this going on. I just don't want to be a prisoner to my periods anymore :-(

Thank you lovely ladies :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have major depressive disorder, anxiety and anger. I'm on medication and have the mirena (I've had it in for a yr now)...I'm much happier. My hormones have settle down heaps and I don't get a period anymore

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

Angelbub  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I too had horrendously heavy and long periods post birth. 10 days and needing to set an alarm every 2 hours overnight for first few nights to get up and change. I've had the mirena for 5 months now. Love it!
    Period is now only 6 days and a light flow. Period pain is more of a dull ache for the first few days and my moods are much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies! I'm getting the Mirena tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's the answer to my problems. Appreciate your comments :-)