+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just had my third boy 3 months ago and as soon as he arrived I just knew we were done. So much so that I had my tubes tied during my c section! I had a terrible time having him (partially collapsed lung -3 days in hospital then severe pelvic separation that saw me being taken to hospital in an ambulance and not being able to walk for 3 days). I just knew I couldn't put myself, my husband or my boys through all that again. I'm sure as my baby gets bigger I'll have pangs of wishing for a newbie but at the same time I'm excited to be getting past the baby days and growing three awesome young men! Hugs to those who are struggling xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two of each and four is quite enough for us. I know I don't want anymore, but I know how you feel about mixed emotions. My youngest is only eight months so he's obviously still a baby so who knows if my feelings will change in years to come. But four children is definentally enough. I want to enjoy my children grow up and also eventually travel and study and all that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I understand how you feel, OP and you have my empathy.

I have three beautiful children and whilst I would have loved a fourth I knew that it wasn't in my future. My health meant that another pregnancy would risk my life and the health of the baby so I had my tubes tied three years ago.

I think that ultimately time is a great healer. The little pang is still there but it's lessened over time and I have my three beautiful kids and my lovely DH to focus on so I count my blessings.

It's hard though so big hugs to you to everyone else struggling with these feelings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have four. I'm completely done having babies and while I get excited for others and think babies are super cute, I don't at all have mixed feelings or sadness.
    I feel very done and happy, maybe even slightly relieved that I won't have more. I love my kids, they're awesome, I just do the want more. Dp has had the snip and he feels exactly same as me (despite only the youngest being his biologically).

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Perhaps if you have those feelings your not completely sure you are finished. I'm not sure! For me I know we are done and feel really good about it. I probably am so comfortable with our decision though considering we have been doing IVF for 7 years and so very glad we are off that train. I'm happy to be getting rid of baby stuff as ds3 is finished with it rather than store everything like I had been doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have three kids under 4. I had the snip during my caesarean given that I was using contraception and still managed to get pregnant.

I had always envisaged a little girl as a fourth child, something that will never come to fruition.

My heart yearns for what might have been but my head puts it all into perspective and this allows me to accept the decision and keep moving forward.

Zombie, I hear you and not offended at all. I have an urge to wave my wand and dust you with good feels.