Closed Thread
Page 69 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kiki - sorry that your time off didn't go as planned, its definitely a positive thing that they have identified your NK cells are high, they now know what they are dealing with and can treat it.

Yolandac - How did the BT go yesterday hun? Hoping you got a nice surprise but either way know we are here to support you. If you do move onto ivf think of it as being a step closer to your beautiful baby. I have heard before that women in other states have to get police check done for ivf, I think that is ridiculous especially as you say so many women on drugs can have babies and not be in a position to look after them.

Ladydee - I am so so happy for you that you have reached this stage so close to meeting your little man. I have been here through all of your ups and downs over the last few years even if it is only virtually and you so deserve this. Hope the birth goes well and you can then relax and enjoy your time together as a new bigger family. Is your DD getting excited do you think she understands what is happening?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

kiki1  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - thanks hun hope you are right and all the research I have done will be beneficial and not just **** off my Fs lol. We haven't got to a thought process of what we will do with any frosties we will get. We do know that we will be putting two embryos back at transfer and seen as we only got 3 frosties last time we might not have that issue to worry about, time will tell I suppose. One thing I am very pleased about is that my Fs introduces something new each cycle and won't just repeat the same protocol. Will look into the royal jelly thanks hun, I am also going to ask my Fs tomorrow about taking asprin through my injections as I have read that the extra blood flow can help at this stage too.

AFM - On another note I also looked into more dietary help for my PCOS not that I am expecting a miracle but willing to try anything that might help. I read about a grain free diet but I don't think that's something I can sustain so I am just going to reduce where possible. I read heaps about the benefits of a dairy free diet too so I have started that today. I have swapped to a dairy free spread, stopped yoghurt and cheese and stopped my drinks of tea (don't drink too much anyway and stopping caffeine completely has to be good). The only issue is I am having difficulty with breakfast, I had fruit this morning and it wasn't enough I was starving.

My clinic has just started offering EPU's in clinic under light sedation rather than full anesthesia, has anyone done this wondering if it's worth it to save a little money?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I quit dairy and caffeine for a bit. I found rice milk good with my cereals. Maybe just trial rice, almond and coconut. I did and found they were all very different and rice was the best for my pallet. Iv fallen back into bad habits though, back to drinking coffee, just not EVERY day, and I'm back to milk in my cereal as I like to hear mine up in winter and it was too starchy warm.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to allykat111 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks allykat but I can't have rice milk due to my PCOS as it has high gi. I have actually bought almond milk but haven't been gain enough to open it yet lol! Going to try porridge tomorrow cooked with water which doesn't sound appetising but we will see will have to add some flavour somehow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another idea is weetbix with boiled water and a dash of honey or something added like cranberries

8. The Following User Says Thank You to allykat111 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (01-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all I got by blood test results back. I ovulated but am not pregnant...no surprises there!
    I have a appointment to see the FS on the 11th to discuss IVF.

Hubby isn't too keen on it he feels that it's like paying someone to do something he cannot do but it's totally my issue nothing wrong with his swimmers!

And so the journey continues!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee Counting the days...almost baby time!!!!!!!!!

So good to hear from you @Heyside ! I'm sorry that you got that bfn again but at least you were prepared for it. Still sucks. However go you & fs on being proactive. Ladydee's onto it: proactive=results. Your powers combined going all guns blazing has gotta be it! I think you've armed yourself with the best chance! & if the cruel world still decides throw punches you've got that Wazza appt in the near future as back up. @Yolandac31 Sorry to hear Arghh men & their egos don't really help on this journey at all!

"Going on the Pred/Clexane mix changed everything for me and even though it wasn't easy with all of the bleeds....it helped give us our sticky. Finally!! " @Ladydee Reading your words were the most reassuring, comforting and warm fuzzies that I needed. Thank you!!!
    I had BT today. Shows I've ovulated & prog is 49 so might be a bit till AF arrives & we can get started. Repeat bt on tues. Karo's came back fine. FS away so hasn't been able to 'flag?' other results. I had a colposcopy where they took a biopsy for abnormal cells last week had cramping, spotting & was hoping it was early AF but nope she's always plays her own game.
    Last edited by kiki1; 31-07-2015 at 20:03.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kiki1 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (01-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yolanda - So sorry to hear that news hun, hope you get some answers and a plan of action from your next appointment. It's hard to get your head around taking the huge step to ivf so I can understand your dh's reluctance to move forwards I know we put it off for a long time. Given time I am sure he will be ready to take the step.

Kiki - Thanks hun and yes I think being proactive is the best way to go . Good luck for Tuesday's blood test hope af arrives soon and you can get started soon.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

kiki1  (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mind was frazzled yesterday, I had an appointment with my nurse. She had done a lot of research for me about what has been happening in my past cycles and if I should use menopur in the next cycle. She has noticed that even though I have over stimulated in the past my oestradiol is considerably low which might mean my cells are not getting enough estrogen for development. She has suggested taking me back to basics to improve my cell health by seeing a naturopath or dietitian. She has spoken to the pharmaceutical company who produces menopur and believes this may be a good way of improving my egg quality. She has also suggested some more tests including glucose, dhea, vitamin d, as well as more detailed testing for dh's sperm and maybe even picsi if needed. Lots to think about but hopefully something in there that will make a difference.

I was talking to a girl on another site about all these ideas this morning and she said my case was very similar to hers and mentioned the fact her dctr was using human growth hormone this cycle. I have looked into it and it sounds like it might be worth trying, it seems very expensive but worth a go. Have an appointment with my Fs on Monday so will see what he says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Still pinching ourselves that this is even happening but we finally did it! Family complete and time to start healing from all of the shhhite stuff that happened along the way. Still deciding on a name (middle name really) but our lil-man was born at 1:53pm yesterday, 3rd of August
    Weight=4160 (38 weeks)
    Length=51cm
    Bub and I are doing well, our little guy just needed a bit of monitoring overnight in the Special Care Nursery with a bit of fluid on the lungs but is expected to be back with us sometime this morning......I've been getting wheeled down to SCN for feeds and cuddles thank goodness Could not have gotten here without the ***incredible*** support and shared knowledge from this thread (you've been there through it all Heyside and I can't emphasise how much I think of you!😘).

As absolutely heart-wrenching as this whole journey is, they are worth the fight ladies. I want to see nothing but BFP's swamping this thread in the next couple of months!!! ✨✨✨✨

This is what our little man thought about being woken up at 4am this morning.....😜

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1438634574.717760.jpg

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (04-08-2015),KarmaJane  (06-08-2015),kiki1  (04-08-2015),StillHopeful  (04-08-2015),thatwldbme  (06-08-2015),Yolandac31  (04-08-2015)