Closed Thread
Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Another lurker finally posting and hoping for some words of wisdom.

I am 31 with PCOS (main symptom being cystic & rare/no ovulation. Insulin, weight normal) DH 41. I have had 3 unsuccessful attempts at Ovulation Induction.
    1st was cancelled due to overstimulation. It was a very, long and slow cycle on gonal, increased dose & went into overdrive.
    2nd responded quickly. Everything was great. 1 good follicle all seemed positive but unsuccessful.
    3rd ended in 'coasting' as we had 3 follies. Once E2 levels declined we triggered. Everything was great but on thurs we found out it was another fail.
    So my question is do we go another round? When to move on to IVF? When to have partner tested or further testing?

This is such a lonely & isolating time. I have been extra cautious in everything I do in hope it might boost my chances (acupuncture, no beach time, food choices, low activity etc, etc) and all this on my own with little to no support. No friends etc.

I can't thank you ladies enough for allowing me to share your journey. If it wasn't for this thread I would be a lonely, lost, crazy woman! You are all so strong and I send lots of love and luck to you all. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @kiki1 I hope your time here needs to only be sweet and short and you get your very own BFP very soon

I dunno Hun, I guess it's a personal choice and it depends on how you're doing emotionally and financially? I'm also PCOS and for me....TTC#1 I got pregnant on my 2nd OI/IUI cycle. TTC#2 I fell preg with my 4th cycle of OI/IUI (but unfortunately miscarried).

I guess if I were you, yes I would give OI another go but I would definitely get Your DH sperm tested if it hasn't been and also look into further testing on yourself before starting IVF. Have you both had your chromosomes (just a blood test....think it's called "karyotyping" by memory? ) checked? Have you had a hysterosalpingogram to check that your tubes are clear? I also had a Hysteroscopy before starting IVF to make sure my womb was healthy and ok before I forked up the big $$$$ for IVF.

Are you doing back-to-back cycles or having a rest cycle in-between? My suggestion is to maybe go ahead with another OI cycle but don't waste it, start researching what pre-IVF testing you could do and get the ones done that are safe to do mid-cycle and look into possibly booking in for the ones you might have to do post cycle if you have no luck 4th time around. You could also start discussing with your FS which type of IVF cycle would be best for you (and do your own research behind the scenes too!). Most clinics require you to do a pre-IVF counselling (really just an info talk where you can ask and discuss any questions or fears) session with the fertility nurse/s. So maybe you could get that done and out of the way? And then hey, if you are successful this 4th time around......who cares? Yipee right?

You're so right, this is such a tough, lonely journey so it's great to have you on board. Ask away with anything that crops up and chances are, one of us has either been there or come across some info about it during our own research Wishing you the very best of luck Xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

kiki1  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    kiki! - Welcome to the thread hun, its definitely a great source of support, the girls in here are amazing. Hoping you have a quick journey and get your bfp very soon. I have PCOS too and like yourself my weight is normal and my main symptoms are no ovulation and I also suffer from lots of acne issues. My insulin results came back fine too but I was still automatically put on metformin which is used to treat insulin resistance and have to say it has improved my acne symptoms 100 percent so I feel I must have insulin issues on some level. Are you on metformin at the moment? I would definitely request it if not. Through all my research I can unfortunately tell you that 'thin' PCOS is so much harder to treat, I am not sure why.

It sounds like you have had a difficult time with OI so far, sounds like you have a very fine line between no action happening and then over stimulating - hence the long slow cycle which ended in over stimulation. I seem to be very much the same and am currently on the same dose for my FET that I over stimulated on in my IVF cycle due to having no action at all on a lower dose this time - confusing and frustrating!

I don't think anyone can answer your question about if to do another OI or not. I conceived DD on my second OI cycle where as this time I tried 9 cycles with no success, I decided to continue trying with the OI as I had numerous cycles where I didn't ovulate at all so hadn't even been in with a chance of catching the egg. Other women on this thread have moved on pretty quickly to the IVF to give themselves the higher chance of success with less steps where things can go wrong.

Whatever you decide hun we will be here to support you, as Ladydee says whatever you come across on this journey there is a high chance someone has come across the same thing and can support you.

I can definitely relate with this process being very isolating, no one at all knows what we are going through even through the IVF and its now been a two year process. We have both stopped drinking which in turn has taken us out of various social situations therefore in ways we have slowly moved away from some friendships, we are just hoping everyone understand when we can tell them exactly what we have been going through.
    Good luck x x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

kiki1  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much @Ladydee. xx
    I've been doing them back-to-back so I think i'll get another one out of the way whilst preparing myself for IVF. I keep saying I'll have a break next round but just can't. DH hasn't been sperm tested and I haven't had any other tests beside AMH. Thanks for the heads up on the other tests. Will be speaking to clinic on monday so now I'm armed with a few more Q's. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

I have been following your journey and just want to wish you all the best coming into the 2nd tri. I hope the stress and worry eases a bit for you. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Heyside xx

I wondered about the metformin. Bonus if it helps the skin too. Add that to my Q list

Here's hoping the FET cycle is trouble free.

The support here is amazing & definitely gives me the warm and fuzzies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiki - I think its a good plan to get your Dh's sperm tested its the first step my clinic took just to tick the box.
    Definitely ask about the Metformin and also consider putting yourself on the cq10 supplement which you can buy yourself from the chemist. I didnt start it until my first ivf cycle failed and they realised I had poor egg quality but cant help starting it now asap so that you can improve egg quality now in your OI cycle to rule the issue out. If I had known it could have been an issue for me I would have started it earlier. Good luck with your appointment and questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone news in from my scan today - all is looking good and surprisingly on track I am one happy girl today. Apparently I had around 4 follies ready to trigger measuring between 16-18. I am due to take my trigger injection tonight and if all goes to plan have my FET on Monday . I also managed to fit in my lipid infusion today so spent 2 and half hours at my FS rooms having that done, was quite mind numbing but hopefully it will do the trick and finally help me get a beautiful bfp!

Yolandac31 - How are you going hun, still in your TWW?

How is everyone else its getting quite quiet in here, hope all you lovely ladies with your BFP and going well and having a calm and easy start to your pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside Yay! That's wonderful news! So so happy that you finally got there. I just know this is your time to shine with a bfp! @Ladydee I hope your some what trying to enjoy your beautiful pregnancy. @Excited1 how are you going hun? How's that ankle? @Yolandac31 how are you going? @kiki1 welcome love, as the others say, hope your stay is short and you get your bfp soon too.
    Hope everyone else is traveling well. Where Is everyone else at?

Afm- I have been a bit on the quite side, been trying to enjoy this. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow, last week I had some mild cramping followed by some small amounts of pink discharge, I put it down to my uterus expanding. This morning I then wiped several times when I went to the loo and each time had a fair bit amount of dark brown discharge. But of course brown is better then red like I had a few weeks back. But all good now. I have my heart beat scan on Wednesday and time is going ever so god Damn slow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg @Heyside, that is such awesome news! Eeee, so close now and you'll be sitting pretty in PUPO-land with all of us cheering your lil blasty on to stick, stick, stick!

All the best for your scan on Wednesday @thatwldbme .....can't wait to hear all about it!

How did your appointment go @kiki1? Hope you have a plan of attack in place now.......have to say, I can't believe you're 3/4 OI cycles in and your clinic has never checked your DH's sperm count or mobility?? It only takes one school-yard kick in the gonads or an awkward BMX accident as a kid to affect his swimmers. That's a bit cray-cray that they didn't get you guys tested before starting any cycles, believe me I know how impossible it is to choose to waste a cycle but I'd highly recommend getting that and your HSG (hysterosalpingogram) scan both done ASAP as you could be completely wasting your $$$'s, time and heartache proceeding with OI cycles if anything crops up with either of those......though hopefully not! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!!! @Heyside I knew you could do it!!! That is so exciting I have a good feeling about this cycle for you. Am feeling like I will trigger this week sometime so we will be 2ww buddies
    @thatwldbme so glad to hear things are going a bit better for you and I am so looking forward to hearing about your scan. I only just saw your last pm sorry hon! Will reply asap thanks for asking about my ankle, will fill you in below.
    @Ladydee how are things going for you? Any more bleeding? How are you feeling emotionally now? Things have been so tough.
    @kiki1 welcome and good luck I hope the decision about what to do gets clearer, sounds like you are on the right track though. I would defo go for some tests while doing this cycle of OI, at least then you have somewhere to go after if its not successful. I need a plan or I go crazy. DH and I have said we will break after this cycle before the next but I know when it comes to it I will just want to keep going also!
    @Yolandac31 how are things going?? When is your BT?
    @RD15 how are you feeling?? You must be coming close to BT now also??? Any symptoms?
    @mrswokie when is your scan? Does it all seem real yet? And are you feeling ok?

AFM I have my second scan this morning and BT. Have been getting lots of ovary soreness over the last 24hrs so hope there are not too many follies developing! Found out my ankle is broken in an awkward spot also, so another 4 weeks in the moonboot and I have to start on clexane. Have had it before in my stim cycle but never started it midway through a cycle before! Can anyone help with reassurance this is ok? I know the immune ladies use it but what does it actually do??? Apart from prevent dvts?