Closed Thread
Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Excited - You have a lot to deal with at the moment hun, not including all this TTC stuff, sounds like you are coping with it all very well, make sure you take some time out for you its important. You are definitely right about the slow and steady cycles being ok and winning the race - hope that's the fact in my case and slowly one or two follicles are ready to trigger soon (time will tell). When is your first scan hun??

AFM - Fourth scan tomorrow hoping for better news

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside how did your scan go?? Hopefully some good news?

AFM Sorry in advance for the downer post!

I am having a bad day today- it doesn't happen often to me where I just feel like sh!te and can't be bothered doing anything... I got dressed to go to the gym after my BT today and instead I am sitting at a cafe having a coffee and a donut. I'm so frustrated at not being able to work cause of my foot. I've taken so much time off last year when I had the ectopic and every cycle I have to take time off as I start work most mornings at 7. If its a kid week I have to get DH to go to work late for me to have the bloods and scans or have to ask favours from family to take the kids to school. I just feel like such a crap employee and wife atm!! Anyone else go through this? I never have these days but just can't get motivated to do anything...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excited - Don't apologise for feeling down hun, unfortunately we all feel like that sometimes (unfortunately I am right there with you today ). Sounds like you deserved that coffee and donut this morning, time to yourself and enjoy a treat. I can understand the work situation being frustrating but by no means are you a crap employee or wife, give yourself a break hun you have a lot to deal with at the moment.

AFM - I am over everything today, this whole thing is so frustrating, feel like I am getting no where again and this cycle was supposed to be the one, we have 3 beautiful embryos waiting and looks like we wont be transferring them just yet . 4th scan today and the lining hasn't changed and the biggest follicle is still only 12 and this is on a dose of 100. Feel my body has just given up and become resistant to the FSH. I am now increasing dose to 125 for 2 days (confusing because this is the dose I took for my IVF cycle and got 17 eggs) before I go to see my FS who will scan me himself and decide on a plan of action. I think he will be cancelling it to be honest, so annoying because we will still have to pay over $500 for nothing. My FN has said the next option will be an ethanol oestradiol cycle where no injections are needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry you ladies are having a rough time, this journey sure can suck most (just about all) of the time Xxx
    @Excited1 - I decided to learn to run mid 2013 and ended up with stress fractures in both of my knees and I've also just come off strict bed rest for just over a month so, I have an idea of how your feeling......yup, it does get you down and it sucks !!!! Never apologise Hun, we start to think all of this TTC cr@p we go through is almost the "norm"....but it's not! It's such a tough journey and most of the time it's just relentless with the constant bad news that you somehow have to repeatedly pick yourself up from again and again and again. It's just so unfair that something so beautiful has to be so darn hard and stressful I ended up going part-time permanently and I also demoted myself down from management-support during the last 2 years of TTC.....it was the best couple of decisions I ever made as it was all just too too much to juggle. It sounds like you have a heck of a lot on your plate also, can you use this frustrating time of healing your foot to look at ways you could cut down your load of commitments? You and everyone around you needs to recognise just how difficult IVF is on your physical and emotional state Xxx

Far out @Heyside, bloody FSH injections huh?! That's why I asked weather your FS had considered a HRT cycle as I know you have struggled with the injections in the past With a Hormone Replacement Therapy cycle, the drugs effectively shut down your own hormones and do all of the work for you so none of our lovely PCOS shenanigans have a chance to come into play and give us grief at all....almost like being on a fertile Pill-cycle. The only negative is that you won't have a corpus lutetium so your FS will have to keep a close eye on your Progesterone levels and adjust your progesterone support as needed with a BFP as that is your sole source of Progesterone until the placenta takes over at around 10-12 weeks. But a BFP in the first place would be nice huh? Without all the stress of growing any follicles and O'ing?
    What CD are you now Hun? You're still early-ish days aren't you? The increase of dosage could still kick those follies into gear......I haven't given up hope for you for this cycle yet! I really really hope to hear much better news with your next scan Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - Thanks hun, you allways seem to be there to pick mme up . I am actually at the point now with every bit of negative news I receive its getting harder to get back up . Sounds like your idea of a HRT cycle would be a good plan, one without all this stress anyway, funny how they are now thinking that way - just a little too late I think. It will be ethanol oestradiol that I will use as a supplement to increase the lining fro what I have been told, but presume that's a similar kind of cycle. I am currently on Cd18 and have done 16 injections so far. I think the whole think is over though as af on her way - go figure she never arrives without ovulation but here she is just to haunt me and outline the fact the cycle hasn't worked lol!

Excited - Hope your day is going a little better today and you are feeling happier about things.

AFM- So I came home from dropping DD off and kindy today only to find some spotting and it seems to have continued throughout the day. Trying to think positively about it that it means In can hopefully get started again asap but still so frustrating. Waiting to hear back from my clinic to see if I need to do a BT before my appointment tomorrow with my FS so I can get things started again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee thank you sooooo much for your post, it really picked me up and made think that possibly I need to make some changes to my life! Work is being ok and then not ok and I have so many managers in constantly having to explain everything. Makes it harder to keep stuff private which is what I really just want to do. I went to the gym this morn instead of just moping around and it was a good start I think. I've put on extra kg also which I felt so good about loosing it last cycle. Thank you again.

@Heyside I know its so hard but don't write this cycle off just yet!!! Your cycle sounds almost identical to mine last cycle and the one before. They upped the dosage pretty much 3x before anything started happening and my follie not lining didn't grow until about day 21? Things moved very slowly indeed and then all of a sudden went up. My fns were not concerned and there was no talk of ever cancelling? Why do they think they have to cancel? Just because of length of time?? I feel for you, this is my third FET and all of them have been loooong cycles and I felt so frustrated. I am on d8 of injections and mine are still all baseline and I have no pulling or tugging in my ovaries yet. Once I get that I know things are slowly moving. I too had spotting twice during my last cycle and my lining ended up being the thickest it ever has been! I know mine ended in a bfn but I really believe it was a crap embie- took extra time to grow once they thawed it. The best advice I can give is to get the BT and scan every 3-4 days until things begin to move- it really helped me not be as anxious as I didn't feel like a failure every 2 days (only every 3-4!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excited - Great to hear you went to the Gym today and felt better for it (maybe I need to start that and work out somme frustration lol!). Hope you continue to feel more positive as you take steps forward. Thanks for your message hun, I have a strong feeling its the end of the cycle though as the nurses I have spoken to have both been preparing me for the worst and now I have mentioned the spotting I was told my lining has probably now been compromised. I think another reason they want to cancel is the fact I have so many follicles there doing nothing at all, the nurse said my fs basically expects to see no change tomorrow. Must be so frustrating for you hun going through 3 very long cycles, hope this one moves quicker for you.

AFM - Even more frustrated now, just got off the phone and apparently the spotting can mean any number of things and just have to wait for tomorrows scan, basically preparing me for the worst, not expecting to see any changing and apparently I am baffling everyone at the moment. Not the best phrase to say feel like I am a challenge for everyone, no one knows how to deal with me, not only am I infertile but also an exceptional case. My fs always calls my a difficult case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok everyone sorry for my negative post yesterday was feeling so down (haven't actually felt like that in a while) even went off my diet and splurged a little which I now regret. Went for another scan today after my increased dose and there is apparently some action so not all lost, I have two growing follicles of 13 and 14 and the lining has grown slightly. So I am having blood tests continually over the weekend to track everything continue on increased dose and see my fs again on Monday for a scan. Hoping the blood test show an increase in oestradiol and those follicles continue to grow.

Excited - Hope things are going well with you hun, have you had a scan today?

How is everyone else going? Hope everyone in QLD is going ok with the cyclone and weather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Injections Support Thread #4

Never have to apologise Heyside. Yay for some action happening! Everything crossed that it just gets better and better! Xxx

Just lightly raining here with zero wind.....for now.....
    Last edited by Ladydee; 20-02-2015 at 16:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladydee, yeah hoping all goes to plan and I get more good news on Monday . Have had a little more bleeding last night but its not heavy and seems to have stopped again now so hoping that's it.

As for the cyclone, we didn't get much either but lots of flooding around yesterday, had to pick DD up early from kindy in case we couldn't get home which has happened in the past. Hope everyone is well.