Closed Thread
Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 that's always good to know about the 2 docs, I did read up a bit on Dr turner just by searching his name and found he was good, but a very busy man. tell me though if you know as I have been curious, is there any relation with him and Dr Louise Farrell? my boss seems to think so. wowee hun, you do work long shifts. how do you do it?
    ha! my best friend also started her ttc journey on her honeymoon in July, whereas I started in april so had a few mths a head of her, anyway she came back pregs, I was the biggest green eyed monster, but I didn't let her see it, I did however cry and curl into a ball for the whole weekend. it took them one go! I was devo! and he too wasn't 100% ready but was willing to try thinking it may take them that bit longer. so I know exactly how your feeling about that.

AFM -another lot of bloods today and it appears we are going to have another long cycle. I am now on CD20, my E2 was at 380, P4 at 1 & LH at 10. My E2 has risen from 260 on Tuesday, however my P4 was at 2 on Tuesday and my LH was at 11. they both seemed to have dropped a bit.
    I did ask them, that when I normally get back acne It was always due to high levels of testosterone in my body because it always happened when I came off the birth control so I asked weather or not it may have something to do with that but she assured me that it would be because of me injecting. I hope so

anyway, have to continue on my puragon on 75 and blood test and scan again on Monday. lets hope its jumped.
    In other news, I picked up my new car yesterday, so excited, I got myself a Nissan qashqai, I am so in love!! defiantly made me feel that one bit better and not thinking about the ttc world for a moment.

anyway, hoping all you ladies are travelling well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @thatwldbme I don't know of any relation between turner and farrell! I will sniff around and find out though as now I'm interested Dr Farrell has just retired. Awesome news about the new car! Are you really happy with your choice? It's so nice to have something else to focus on, I have 2 step kids who are 8 and 6 so they keep me pretty busy - between roller skating, meccano and the barbie glam camper...

Had my bloods yesterday and got good news- E2 is on the rise from 100 to 360 yesterday. Starting to get that heaviness and pulling ovary pain but still going to the gym to try and keep healthy. Between my wedding last year and now I may have an extra 5kg on me (which the 'in body scanner' at the gym told me I need to lose). So hard with the exhaustion though!

Good luck for your bloods and scan tom thatwouldbme. I have my first scan on tues. Also good luck for bloods tom @RD15
    @Heyside when is your appt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    RD15 - Hope the healthy eating does the trick for you hun and helps you to combat the stress, nice to feel we are actually doing something positive. Hope you get some good results with your BT today, hope that e2 is rising nicely.

Excited1 - Yes I love this thread for the same reason hun so much smaller and I feel like I can really get to know these lovely ladies even if it is online but so much easier to support each other. Sorry to hear headaches and exhaustion have set in hope things ease for you soon. Good luck for your first scan on Tuesday.

thatwldbme - Sorry to hear this looks like another long cycle, hope you get good news from todays BT. Hope you are enjoying the new car, always nice to be driving something new, one of the best feelings.

AFM - Ok I now only have to wait just over a week for my appointment now, have been building up to this so much as we have waited so long. I have been feeling excited as its probably the best chance we have had so far. However this weekend as the appointment draws closer and after the news of my SIL's pregnancy I have started to feel a little more negative (need to get out of this frame of mind). I think its because its suddenly hit me that if this now fails I am not sure where we go from here there has always been another step to take but I am thinking we are running of options . I have tried to talk to DH about this over the weekend but hes very positive and concentrates on the fact this is our best chance and really cant see why I am worrying in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry it's been a while since I've been here. I will try and catch up on where everyone is at over the next week. Things are so busy. Hope everyone is well and keeping positive!!

AFM- FS agreed to one more go at OI so I'm currently at day 16 of my cycle with 2x 10mm and 1x 11mm follies. See how we go...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside my DH is really positive about this cycle too but I am finding it extremely hard also. I just don't feel like this is the one! I hope your FS has some new suggestions for you to try.

AFM: I had my BT and first scan today. Lead follicle at 17mm which they are happy with, lining is only a 6c at the moment, E2 at 590. They only want to repeat bloods on thurs as they say the lining would have increased if the E2 has. I feel a bit uncomfortable with not checking the lining as I had some spotting last week and they really had trouble measuring it this morn. One nurse said 5, other 6?? If my E2 is above 800 on thurs I will trigger. Would you girls agree that maybe I should push for a repeat scan before i trigger or would you be ok with it? Just don't want to waste an emby if the lining just needs a few more days...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    mrswokie - Hi hun, hope the fact that you are busy at the moment is keeping your mind of cycling this time around, hopefully this will be your cycle, follicles are sounding good so far - good luck x

Excited1 - Sounds like things are looking good with your one follie hun which is a good thing, (will they trigger you with the follie and you will avoid BD with your FET sorry trying to work out how it works as I presume I will have to inject also as otherwise my hormones will all be out of wack). How has your lining been in previous cycles if it has been a real issue for you I would ask for another scan, it cant hurt and best to make sure things are as they should be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!!!

Well ill I have well and truly been MIA since my last chance IUI in December! Hello to all the newbies to the thread and best of luck. There are some very special people here.

just came for a debrief (it is 3.30 am and I cannot sleep!!). Got the go ahead for my first IVF cycle which I was so excited about! FS was ready to get me started at my appt last week (I don't ovulate at all, so everyday is day 0). I happened to mention that my GP wants to see me to chat about an abnormal PAP smear result. FS said 'go on the pill for 3 weeks until that is sorted out and we will go from there'. At this stage, I wasn't sure what the pap result was, but assumed it was low grade as have had that a few years ago.

Flash forward- find out it is actually high grade abnormality. Saw Gynae yesterday, she had a good look around (funny how this no longer phases me as every man and his dog have seen my bits!!) and sent off biopsies. Essentially, with this type of result they do a procedure to remove the bad cells (called LEEP). All of this so far is fine- I know this is why we have Pap smears and having pre-cancerous cells does not mean I am in immediate danger, and the problem is very treatable (as long as I have the bad guys removed).

PROBLEM is... My bits and pieces will need a 'break' after this procedure. The Gynae couldn't definitively tell me how long, but I got the impression we weren't just talking one or two months, I thinking more like 6 months.

As as I sit here, writing this, I can't believe the luck we have had! Two and a half years trying, and now this will definitely turn me into a very resilient, strong woman. I feel very sad that this is the path we are now going down, but there is no point for me to invest in those emotions as it is all completely out of my control!! Main thing is- I want to be around for my kids 5/6/7 birthdays- so best I get myself sorted out first, hey!

In the meantime, I will wait for the phone call from my Gynae with the results and plan. Thanks ladies for listening, even though writing this has made me a bit teary, it is good to get it off my chest to people who understand.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @S234 - there are no words..... Maybe "F@ck!" Any rough idea as to when you will get your results back ?? Are you needing to have the long break after the biopsy procedure you've already had done or only if you need to go on to have a further procedure done? Wishing you all the luck in the world that it comes back all clear and "no big deal" after all. If you do end up needing the bigger break, you're going to have to find something else to completely immerse yourself in so you get completely too busy to even think about TTC ....a night time Tafe course weather it be to further your career or just for pleasure? Become a fitness junkie? Take up a new hobby or sport? Please let us know how your results go, I'll be thinking of you Xxxxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

S234  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I've been MIA ladies, I promise I've still been checking in and cheering you on. I've been cruising along in my super-anxious-not-to-miscarry-again bubble that I thought I'd save you ladies from as you're fighting your own battles to O, let alone keep a bub on board. I'm sure I'll be better once this bleeding stops and I reach that 12 week mark.

Looking forward to some good news from each of you ! Xxx

Not long now @Heyside xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Ladydee for your very thoughtful and encouraging reply. I hope the 12 week mark comes quickly, and please don't not post if you feel like a moan- we have all got our own issues and they are all as important as the next persons. I think you are so right re: a distraction... I am thinking five or six months in the UK! It has always been in the back of our minds, so I think this is the perfect time. It will be nice to get away from it all. I am normally pretty level headed if I have a plan... But not being able to do anything and still being stuck in my rut will be no good for me.

Gynae just called (pretty good service being 6pm on a Fri before a long weekend!). Need the procedure to remove cells around cervix as biopsy came back nasty. I asked her how long she thinks I will need off IVF afterwards, she is thinking five or six months to let everything heal. I feel okay with this, I think I did my grieving the other night between 2-5am!! Funny how strong minded this freaking 'journey' is making me. (Not to say that I still won't have a couple of tears every now and again with hubby). Thank you again ladydee for your love and well wishes.

Sorry everyone I have made this post all about me!!! I hope everyone is well and has a splendid weekend.

S. Xx
    Last edited by S234; 23-01-2015 at 17:32.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to S234 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (23-01-2015)