+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Things not to do after night shift....

So I don't know if any of you other shift working hubbers do stupid things after night shift, or if it's just me.

Today I posted a birthday card. I got halfway home and realised I hadn't put a stamp on it *sigh*

The one that takes the cake though is a photo canvas I got DH for his birthday of one of his photos. It's 2m long, basically the size of a door. Clearly my spatial awareness and perception is severely impaired on no sleep... Who would've thought it?!

So, does anyone else do stupid stuff, or am I standing alone here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope I'm sure we all do it!

I've driven to my old house and only realised when my new garage remote wouldn't open the old door. I was sitting in the drive way.

Went to the bank to withdraw some money (fairly large amount) and signed my maiden name. They asked my name and I answered with maiden name. I left without my money because I 'couldn't prove my identity'

I won't even admit to how many times I've gotten to the car before I realise I've got the dect phone in my pocket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I just finished night number 3. Work called me up to work tonight instead of tomorrow morning so effectively they woke me up after about 3hrs sleep(and havent been asleep since)BF asked what i had been doing all day so far. I asked him what did he think i had been doing after working all night. I screen shotted our convo coz i was feeling cranky and was gonna send to a friend coz i been talking to her about us as little things he says like that seriously make me cranky. I sent it to him instead. I couldnt believe i sent the message to him and not my friend.

I ended up having to call him to apologise and he is all good but seriously, lesson learnt. Never send a message to someone unless you are 200% certain its to the right person.

Now to try and rest for night number 4 and 8 out of 12 straight. Dont think the rest part is gonna happen though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha I can definitely relate to the fatigue texting. When DH and I first started dating we would text each other throughout the day. One day I was texting him from bed after night shift. The last message I sent to him was total jibberish. He's never let me forget it haha.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh and I'm also not allowed to reverse the car into the garage after a night shift because I always end up parking on a weird angle. Doesn't matter how many times I go in and out of the garage, I just can't park straight after nights. DH makes me drive in forwards because at least them I'm straight. Never mind all the junk piled up against the wall which makes it hard for me to get out of the car... Which is why I reverse in to begin with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeah I do stupid stuff, but sadly I can't blame it on night shift as I work 9-5:30...lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've woken up in a daze and gone to work with my shirt on inside out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have also taken the work keys(dont normally carry them but coz so many people lock their doors at night they are needed for usual visual checks. I almost didnt realise one day and i was heading interstate for the weekend so lucky i realised before it was too late.