+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question music that is age appropriate

Hi I am looking for music that is age appropriate to 3yr olds. She seems to like music with a dance beat. She is not interested in the wiggles or the like. But most music these days have swear words and inappropriate content. Looking for music that she can dance to and like.

Any suggestions? I have looked through youtube whilst she has been asleep at night. Im a little lost.

Tah in advance.

DelenaTVD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe some One Direction, Taylor Swift. Obviously listen to the lyrics first. What about Justine Clark? Some of Katy Perry's songs are ok.
    Last edited by bubbasmum; 08-12-2014 at 13:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Disney has some fun 'dance' versions of their popular songs. Raven Simone, Miley Cyrus (um, pre-twerking), Ashley Tisdale, Hilary Duff. They have some fun and poppy stuff that won't traumatise your children.

Or you could check out some Disney / kids movie soundtracks. Princess Diaries, High School Musical, Ella Enchanted. Soundtracks like that usually have an interesting mix of music that's age appropriate.

Or 80s and 90s pop music. I remember it being a lot less out there than than pop music today! (But that could just be the nostalgia goggles talking.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 year old likes Matt Kearney "Hey Mamma" and some of his other songs too. She also enjoys James Blunt -- probably not really "dance" music though.
    You could try "The Lion King -- Best Of" Soundtrack -- there's some really catchy songs on there. My girls also like the "Coyote Ugly" soundtrack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is 6yrs. Here are some of the songs on her playlist:

Bizzy Buzzy Bee Bop - The Fairies
    Party Girl - Girlband
    Evacuate the Dancefloor - Cascada
    Footloose - Kenny Loggins
    Bing Bang and Galaxy - LazyTown
    Girls Can Too - Tyler Vandenberg
    Ghosts Just Want to Dance - Club Penguin
    5,6,7,8 - Steps
    Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
    Most of the Tangled soundtrack
    Make Some Noise and I'm Not Ready to be a Princess - Sofia the First

Some came from her dance class, others from my list or friends. There is also a group called Kidz Bop who do kid friendly lyric versions of popular songs. It hasn't really hit here, but I know other girls who love them. For other ideas, Google "kids dance party songs" or similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    My kids have all they might be giants kids albums.

Here comes the abc's
    Here comes the 123's
    Here comes science.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has a couple of the "Hits for Kids:Pop Party" compilation CDs, which are all radio edits with no swearing. They have them in JB/Sanity etc. I think they release a new one each year with the latest trendy pop tunes on it, plus some classics like Abba etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husbands launching a music project this year based on that exact premise. If you want to have a listen on iTunes or Soundcloud it's called Remy's Music Machine. Hope you like it - our little one won't have a choice haha!