+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you have super....?

As title says...?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, but only my compulsory super. I keep thinking I need to be a bit more proactive and do more but I just don't know where to start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sure do. It's incredibly important & people seem to be very uneducated when it comes to super.

My hubby & I both salary sacrifice & have seen a financial planner to make the most of our super. Both my hubby & I should have a million dollars at retirement.

We started salary sacrificing as a tax dodge as we earn $200k as a combined income.

Super is an important investment & it's worthwhile seeing a financial planner, if you can't afford it, they can take their charge out of your super. They also aren't allowed to continue charging you a percentage fee each year like they were able to in the past, they can only charge one lump sum fee. I highly recommend it, a little bit of education & time now, will make a huge impact on how comfortably you retire.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-12-2014),Chippa  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, just the compulsory one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not much.
    It's not that I'm uneducated, it's that I can't possibly afford to put any voluntary contributions towards it at ALL, only compulsory.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (09-12-2014),atomicmama  (09-12-2014),Donnab739  (09-12-2014),Full House  (09-12-2014),HarvestMoon  (08-12-2014),Lauzy  (09-12-2014),ozeymumof5  (08-12-2014),wobbleyhorse  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, its healthy. Recommend seeing a fplanner - however think putting $ into your super rather than on a mortgage (or other investment that you have complete control of - ie: to liquify is risky). Particularly given the rules around super are bound to change between now and when you can access it. Personally I put the $ on the mortgage not super.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-12-2014),BH-KatiesMum  (08-12-2014),wobbleyhorse  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    Yes, its healthy. Recommend seeing a fplanner - however think putting $ into your super rather than on a mortgage (or other investment that you have complete control of - ie: to liquify is risky). Particularly given the rules around super are bound to change between now and when you can access it. Personally I put the $ on the mortgage not super.
    Of course you would be much better putting extra $$ on your debts, which we also do. But every persons financial situation is different & the goals they are trying to achieve are different. That's why it's best to seek the advice of a financial planner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Not much.
    It's not that I'm uneducated, it's that I can't possibly afford to put any voluntary contributions towards it at ALL, only compulsory.
    I work in the finance industry & it's not uncommon for people to know absolutely nothing about super. It's not a bad thing if you don't & doesn't imply that you are uneducated in general (if that's how you interpreted my post). It's something that people find overwhelming, confusing, complicated & too hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I make voluntary contributions along with my compulsory ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. I've been a SAHM for the last 5 years and the tiny bit I did have has been lost to fees😞 I've only lived In Australia for 8 years and only spent about 2 years working/contributing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (09-12-2014)