+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fig Tree Pocket

Hi,

I have recently moved from London and will be moving to Fig Tree Pocket in Feb. I have two children, girl aged 4 (almost) and a boy who has just gone 6 months. I don't know anyone in Brisbane and would love to meet mums in the local area.

We are currently staying with family in Sydney until mid Feb.

I am worried it will be quite lonely for myself and my daughter when we arrive in Brisbane so it would be great to have a bit of a plan in place before we arrive.

Thanks

Nic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Nicky,
    I live in Fig Tree Pocket and absolutely love it!!! I have a DD who is 3 (4 in February) and DS who is 5 (6 in Jan). FTP has a fantastic school, lots of green space and a wonderful community feel. I'm happy to catch up for a play in the park once you have settled in.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

NickyH  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im not far from Fig Tree Pocket and I have a 4 yr old dd (and a 5 yr old ds). Im always up for a playdate and a coffee x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

NickyH  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

That would be lovely. We would love meet up for a playdate and possibly a coffee when we arrive.

On another note, will either of you be sending your 4 year old to pre-school next year and if so, do you have any recommendations?

I can be found on facebook (Nicole Hopkins Ho). Feel free to ping me a message and we can organise a play date when we arrive.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I already feel a bit more at ease with the move.

Nic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I sent you a fb friend request and a message but it might be in your other folder.. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes DD will be attending Gan Gani kindy next year (in fig tree pocket). It is a community kindy so only runs school hours, but is really lovely and I have heard good things from other parents and teachers from the school. If you are looking for long day care the fig tree pocket day care is supposed to be very good (we know a few that go there). I believe Gan Gani still have spots available if you want to try them (dd will be attending the thurs/fri group).
    A coffee/play date sounds great. The cafe at Lone Pine Koala sanctuary is lovely and has a great space for the kids to play - also get year passes into the koala sanctuary the kids love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shebes, I have actually sent an email to Gan Gani Kindy with a few queries although have not had a response as yet. Fingers crossed.

The koala sanctuary looks like a lovely place to catch up. Think we will definitely need a membership there.

I will touch base when we arrive in Brisbane. Look forward to meeting you then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would call them if you can Nicky - I have had emails unanswered from them also. I don't think they get them sometimes. You will have to do it tomorrow though as it is their last day before holidays. If you have any questions I can try and help answer them, feel free to PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default We've arrived

Hi Ladies,

We have now arrived in Brisbane. Shebes my dd will be starting at The kindy in a couple of weeks on the Thursday and Friday sessions.

If either of you would are free for a catch up and play date that would be great. We only arrived on Sunday but already feeling a little isolated.

We we are in the cbd for the next couple of weeks until we settle on our house but we can meet anywhere.

thanks

NickyH