+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids are loving this too. They are 2 and 4.5 years old and all our books this year are Christmas themed - so far we have had a mix of classics (the twelve days of Christmas), activity books and others (eg. Peppa's Christmas).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, what a great idea. Think I'll look at doing this next year. Have been trying to find a good idea for an advent calendar for a few years now and haven't come across anything yet that I really like. I'll spend the next 12 months looking for suitable Christmas books.
    Thank you for sharing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be doing this tradition when my triplets get older not even born this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We're going to do it as the 12 days of Christmas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    We're going to do it as the 12 days of Christmas
    Yes this thread has reminded me that I'll do the 12 days too! So we start this Saturday?

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah we are doing it.

My DD loves reading, so I bought her some new books as well as just wrapping up some of her current books.

Only problem is that 3 of the new books I bought are really long so it is taking her a lot of extra time to read those

Its fun though, she is loving it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are doing it for dd. She is 2.5 and loves that the 'father Christmas elf' as she's decided brings here a new book each night after dinner. Dh is pretty happy there is a new one for bedtime too!

I love her naivety, we put my phone in the playroom with a jingle ringtone and dh calls me when she's done with dinner. She thinks its the elf coming!

We have such a random mix of books. My cousin gave me a huge box of her kids old books halfway through November so I sorted through those and just picked out the 25. There were a few Christmas stories in there too which we are leaving until the last few days

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else doing the 25 books of Christmas with there kids?

We're doing it for DDs bedtime story. They are ALL xmas books and we have a range from very simple 1,2,3 type books to pop up books, felt books, lift the flap books and longer story books. I'm hoping to use the same books each year for a while since she will only see them once a year. She's currently 15 months. For the longer stories we are condensing it and talking about the pictures etc as she gets older and some of the more simple books are perhaps too simple (I'm thinking an age where she can easily read them herself) then we'll replace them with a more appropriate xmas book. The collection will change as she gets older :-) she's loving having a new story every night as we usually just change the bed book once a month. She gets very excited about choosing one from the xmas book drawer! Next year/year after we will start wrapping them so she can unwrap one each night. The xmas eve book will always be 'the night before Christmas' though. It's the copy I had when I was little
    Last edited by LaDiDah; 08-12-2014 at 11:46.