+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Councelor South East suburbs Melbourne

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone can help me? I am really struggling with my infertility at the moment and feeling like I just hate this journey I am on and I think it's time I spoke to someone again. Just wondering if anyone knows a good councelor that understands ivf and all the emotions we go through?? At the stage it's just me as hubby seems to be ok, unfortunately tho I need someone who bulk bills or very small fee, hoping someone can point me in the right direction!
    Thanks in advance!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most IVF places have councilors you can see for free as part of their program. I don't like mine as she makes me feel worse. You can go to your GP and get a referral, which makes the service free or really cheap. TTC since 2009 and started IVF in 2013. I haven't got a referral yet but may need to once I've met with my FS this week as we get more bad news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will see a counsellor before starting fertility treatments through the clinic. You could try the ones in dandenong, Clayton or waverly. Once you start you can see the counsellor again for free throughout your cycle for support x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unless you use someone through your IVF clinic, Google may be your best bet.

What clinic are you planning to use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We saw Jan Seely for our compulsory counselling appointment and she was really understanding, friendly and supportive. I'm not sure on her fees, but she was lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey thanks for all your responses!! Going through monash ivf this time! I found the councelor that I saw through Melbourne ivf was terrible so I was unsure how the monash councelor will be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found them ok at Monash. Only went once, but would have gone back if I felt the need. I think it's worth exhausting before you pay. Also, your FS may be able to recommend someone outside and provide the referral.