+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You'll be fine! I was nervous about coping when DH started to travel regularly expecially with a newborn and a toddler but works out its not bad at all. You probably will need to change the routine a little and do things differently. For example when DH is away my kids usually get dinner and bed earlier than usual, I make an easy meal I know they'll eat and I clean up while the kids eat so after bath and bed I have little to clean and I can have my dinner in peace. I try to take the kids out or do activities so I can be sure they'll sleep. Just make your life as easy as possible.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (07-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thank you for the replies. You've all
    helped ease my nerves a little. I will definitely be taking all your advice. We have a single bed in DDs room as well as her cot so I will sleep in there with her. The past few days she's been fighting going down for a nap and sleeping earlier at night, I might run with that while it's just us two so although it'll be hectic during the day she will hopefully go down easier at night. And I will arrange some play dates and things so we're not just sitting at home going crazy.

DH has said if this trip goes well there will be more to come and possibly overseas trips as well. I'm glad his career is going well but I'm dreading him having to go away often, I guess I better suck it up and get used to it..

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Good luck to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    It is definitely daunting, my DH went away for work for the first time a few months ago, I was Absolutely terrified. And it wasn't as hard as I thought because I tried to change my mindset. You end up being more efficient and in control because you know Noone is going to come home and help

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    it will get easier - especially if he ends up going regularly

For the first time - try to relax and not stress. If you slip out of routine a little, its ok. If you eat at 4pm ... its ok. Just do whatever it takes to get through this time.

Then next time you will have that absolute deep down knowledge that it will be ok, that you can and will cope.