+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sleeping Bag.. 15 month old

DD is 15 months old and currently sleeps in her cot in a sleeping bag with only a fitted sheet? We are expecting our second Bub in April.
    Should I be starting to transition DD out of sleeping bag into cot and ready to go into a single bed? As a first time mum, I'm not sure if I should be doing that at this age or is DD to young?
    Would love to hear advice and other parents experiences ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would wait until she can climb out of the cot. As long as she's safe in there, there's no reason to move her out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    My ds2 is 18 months and still in a sleeping bag and in a cot. I'm not changing anything until he starts trying to climb out!

His big brother was still in a cot and sleeping bag until around 2 years old. He started climbing out (while still in the sleeping bag!!) and we changed his cot into a toddler bed. Once he got used to that we upgraded him to a king single.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My daughter is 21 months, second Bub is due in June next year...I have tried getting her out of her sleeping bag but she won't have a bar of it!!!! So I hope when you do try you have more success she just cries and says bag bag bag!!??

I'm going to move her to a single bed but I'll likely leave her in the bag to begin with as she just won't go without and then I'll tackle the bag once she is in the bed but she will just be in a very light bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD was 2yrs 2 months when DS arrived. We set up the big girl bed in her room beforehand. She wouldn't go into it. Pulled off the cot side and she was ok with that. One night when DS was 3 months she must have got out if the cot and into her big girl bed. Had slept in it since then. It was great she made the decision herself. She still has the sleeping bag and a blanket (air con). I don't see the need yet to stop the sleeping bag. It stays on! 😊