+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default really annoyed with the men in my life.

Im feeling quite alone at the moment yet I have an ex husband and a new partner. My ex and I get along so well, we have become best friends. I will add although his sexuality has nothing to do with my issues with him whenever I say we are the best of friends people assume I still have feeling for him. I can assure you I absolutely don't he is my gay ex husband who is now my gay best friend. Anyway we have 2 awesome kids together and this is where the problems are. Although he loves his kids he is very absent from their lives, this also has nothing to do with his new lifestyle he was always like this. Every time I think he has changed and cares he does something to make me angry. He is the type of person who throws money at the situation and is never actually there when you need. Our dd had surgery on fri, he didn't call, text or come to see her. I rand him as their were complications with the procedure and he just said don't worry I will pay for all the extras she needs. Did not ask if she was ok or how I was coping just dismissed it. I know people will say it is a coping mechanism because he was scared but really it isn't. He did not ask once if I needed a hand with our ds, my mum had him all day which is alot of work for her. My mum then dropped him home to my partner who had just gotten home from work. When I was finally able to take dd home from hospital I thanked dp thinking he was the most amazing man looking after ds feeding him dinner, bathing him and putting him to bed. There is always a hidden agenda he packed a bag and said he was off camping for the weekend with his mates. I had the most emotionally draining day, I was tired and cranky and he just left. Sometimes I think I am always alone in the parenting department. I am just exhausted and hormonal as im pregnant. There is so much more but I have had enough of a vent now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so sorry he is obviously such a great friend to you but an absent father. I think you need to confront it head on - tell him.

It would be extremely hurtful to me if my DS had an OP with complications and he behaved like that - in fact I would have lost it then and there on the phone and given him an earful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As for your current DP that's really crappy for you too, it clearly was not the time for camping. Especially springing it on you like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sounds like you need a serious talk with the ex husband. He needs to step up and be a father.
    As for your current partner, he needs to get his priorities straight or kick him out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

waterlily  (07-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    It sounds like you need a serious talk with the ex husband. He needs to step up and be a father.
    As for your current partner, he needs to get his priorities straight or kick him out.
    I agree with this completely!!!
    You need support from BOTH men! Both need to step up and get their priorities straight. You need to be upfront with BOTH! Good luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (07-12-2014)