Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's great

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (07-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Ooh I just thought of something else - towards the end of my period, my flow can stop over night but it will still be heavy the next day. I warned my DD to keep on wearing a pad 48 hours after she thinks it stops incase she is stop start like me.
    Yep this.... And also one thing I wished I Had tried earlier was night pads, I slept on a towel as a teenager but wish I had known about night pads, they will be huge for a teenage girl but avoids leaking at night.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilyloubelle For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (07-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All really good advice.

I'll had one that will be useful if your niece is one that likes reading or has a curious mind.

My mum bought me a big book that covered everything about being a teenager, filled with great advices, facts, etc. it was about AF, boobs, sex, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc.

It was a French book so can't share the title but I saw a very similar book in the library the other day. From the same author that wrote Up the duff.

It was an invaluable source of info for me, and I referred to it from 12 to 17yo.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (07-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is the book I was talking about :
    http://www.penguin.com.au/girlstuff/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (07-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's true I do that also so will give her a heads up! Thanks for the link I will check it out I was really impressed at how she handled herself too, no mood swings or any hormonal type behavior. She was just sore with cramps and boobs but took it all in her stride. I guess there is time for that to change haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Ooh I just thought of something else - towards the end of my period, my flow can stop over night but it will still be heavy the next day. I warned my DD to keep on wearing a pad 48 hours after she thinks it stops incase she is stop start like me.
    I thought I was the only one this happened to.. I only get it for 1 night and after that only during the day. It's never heavy but I thought I was just weird.

"Insert witty signature here"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (08-12-2014),hapuhope  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We should make this thread a sticky as there's been some excellent advice from everyone!

Oh and hapuhope, this is embarrassing, but until your op, I had never heard the term 'leak week' before, you learn something new everyday.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (08-12-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Op, you are a good aunty.

I was thinking about this thread yesterday when I was in the bathroom of a water slide Park when a young girl and her mum and aunty came in and tried to use the tampon vending machine and it didn't work. The poor girl was crying and I wondered if it was her first period. (Nightmare place for your first to come) . Anyway, it is good that she knows you've fot her back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much @SpecialPatrolGroup haha uniquey it came up one boozey night with the girls and it stuck with me! Fits my sense of humor yeah that is a good idea, definitely some great advice from some awesome hubbers

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hapuhope For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You are a good Aunty, your niece will be so appreciative of your guidance and care when she's older to really appreciate it.

And boozey night's with the girls will always bring out the funnies @hapuhope.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (10-12-2014)