Closed Thread
Page 93 of 109 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the advise ☺️ luckily they slept through the night last night and been feeding much better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

hope you are all well. Hope those bulbs are going ok amfm.
    how are you going Hfam?

well I had my yearly follow up today from my gastric sleeve. B12 levels are low so need b12 injections. Explains a lot but have to get that sorted in the next 3 weeks before we head overseas. Got the clexane injections today. Any tips on injecting. Bit nervous don't start until overseas. Would rather start here so if any adverse reactions I am here.

deb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deb hope you can get your b12 sorted sooner rather than later !!
    clexane sting !! And no matter what you do they leave little bruises, when I did them I just cleaned the area with an alcoholic swab, and grabbed up the fat on the stomach and jabbed it in, didn't pull it out too fast otherwise sometimes a little of the liquid dribbled out, doesn't hurt as much in the fatty part, stay away from the belly button area if you can and change sides each time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Deb, hope you can get your b12 sorted. As for clexane, except what Stacey said, I can add: if you use an alcohol swap let it dry otherwise it will sting really badly; I think the main idea is to make sure you don’t hit a vein, that's when you get bruised. It is good if you can take a shower just before the injection, you'll see the veins better and you'll know where to inject. I don't know what else to say, but sometimes I don't feel anything and other times it stings like hell. But it just takes a few seconds, so I just take a deep breath and it's done.

AMFM, hope the boys are feeling better.

Hope everyone else is good as well.

AFM, I'm just waiting for the days to pass. I had a huge scare, because I've got my blood tests results for immune issues and my ana was through the roof. But dr m said he's not concerned. It is sort of normal. But I still have to continue with clexane and prednisone He also said to continue with progesterone until 16 weeks and then to decrease it to half. But I've read that if you have a boy it's not a good idea to take progesterone after 16 weeks. So I think I'll stop at 16 weeks.
    Except that nothing much. I'm already feeling huge and need to buy some maternity clothes. And waiting for the next scan to see bub again. Happy days...

Have a great evening everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've been watching tube videos on giving clexane and have a dumb question. What did you do with your used syringes? Most were saying to use a sharps bin. I just know from growing up with a diabetic brother you can't just put used syringes in the bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb I think you can get them from a chemists (sharps bins) - small yellow containers so you can dispose of the needles.
    I find lying down is easier for clexane rather than pinching the area. But stings and bruises badly regardless!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    hope you are all doing well.

another very important question. We are staying at hotel tomasov (the clinic) and wondering about food. We are just there 2 nights so won't be venturing out, too cold and we wandered around the town last year. Did anyone who stayed there go with the half board menu option for dinner? Only 7.50 euro a day each. Just not sure about the choice for food. What is the hotel restaurant like and pricing?

Ta
    deb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb.

I really liked the food at the restaurant hotel. We had the half board menu. The only inconvenient with this is that your options are limited. But we always had something we liked. The advantage is it's a little bit cheaper than normal restaurant prices and you have 3 course meals, which you probably won't have in normal circumstances. maybe if i didn't have the half board i wouldn't have tried different kinds of soup every night (which by the way where delicious). But if you want to have more options don't take the half board. They can send you the half board menu and you can see if on the days you stay there is something you don't like.
    Hmmm, hungry already thinking of all that food.

How are you feeling Deb? Any side effects from the dreadful injection?

Have a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deb you can see the half board menu options of the clinics website, click on the tomesov and the the food menus or something like that and it shows you the different menus, we were considering this option as well but as their food is cheap anyway will probably not bother, although you can't go wrong with 7.50!! My d/h is a salmon fiend so will probably have salmon every night lol, when I was there the portions were pretty big and I only could manage a main!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So have had my lap etc and surgeon said all went well a little light headed still but my tummy is much better condition and no shoulder pain like the last time. I should get the report back soon and then move forward with the plans for Czech yay!
    @stacey10 or anyone else - did you put proven donor and age as first requirement for donor?

Would anyone consult with the immune dr if you had not had a huge history of anything to do with ivf/miscarriages?