Hi folks I’m sorry for the length of our post, once I got started it was rather cathartic and I found it hard to truncate it. I’ve also posted to all three forums so I hope that isn’t the wrong thing to do.
We’re new to the egg donor forums, though after spending the enormous amount of time we have stalking/reading the Greece, Czech Republic & South African DE forums reading all the amazing stories, I almost feel like I know some of you, if not just your stories. It certainly has been a roller coaster of a read….we’ve shed a few tears with your disappointments and felt the elation with the news of your BFP’s and the births of your babies.
After not a terribly long (compared to some), but rather intense IVF journey, my partner and I have been advised by our specialist to seek out a younger donor to increase our chances of successfully bringing a baby or two into our lives.
As we’ve read, many of you have made the decision to go O/S for DE with great success, some of you are either embarking on your journey in the near future for the first time or for the second and I guess some of you are still grappling with the decision like us.
We are about to transfer a frozen donor egg embryo from my sister, it isn’t great quality and Warren doesn’t seem to think that it will grow to day 5 once we thaw it. The quality of this embryo and my sisters low AMH (1.6-less than mine) is the main reason it was recommended that we don’t pursue another cycle with my sister. This was a savage blow as she was always our back up plan, so needless to say, ‘things have turned to custard!’
During this FET cycle we’ve both been taking Warren’s ‘magic cocktail’ of supplements and we need to decide by CD20 whether or not to start down reg for a fresh cycle should this FET not have a positive outcome. Although it has been strongly advised that we don’t bother and save our money for a ‘holiday’, we are certainly torn between giving it ‘one more shot’ with our new FS Warren or heeding the advice. If we do go ahead with one more fresh cycle using OE it will certainly be our last and it may possibly be the end of the road for us.
My heart gets heavy and the tears come easily at the thought of giving up…so I know it can’t be the end of our journey. But I also don’t want to ruin us financially or mentally as we also need to finish renovating our house so we have somewhere to live and my partner works away and he’d like to be able to someday come home to be a Dad should we be lucky enough to have children (until we’ve finished IVF and renovated he can’t or none of this will be possible).
So I guess I’d like to ask some questions….
Thanks for listening/reading
- What was your pivotal moment when you gave up on your OE and decided to use DE?
- Did any of you try for DE in Australia? And how did you go about it?
- How did you make your choice on which country to go for DE? And which clinic?
- Have you used more than one O/S clinic in more than one country?
- If you are patient of Warren’s is there a clinic he prefers to deal with?
- Will/does Warren test for all immune issues automatically and then use the immune protocol?