Closed Thread
Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amfm I tandem feed and have done right from about day 3 but if you have one that's finding it a bit hard maybe feed him separately if you can, it is easier to feed them together but if you have a fussy one it maybe worthwhile spending a little extra time with him in the boob by himself until he gets the hang of it, perseverance is the key with breast feeding and if he knows he's going to get a bottle afterwards it won't take him long to work that out, even at his age. As long as they're fed within 20-40 min of each other you'll be able to get them to tandem feed once he has the hang of it. Make sure you drink a large glass of water everytime you feed as well, and make sure you have an afternoon rest so you have milk in the early evening as that's when a lot of babies become unsettled as your milk is low. I always feed lying down leaning over to my right with one baby on the mattress with my arm around the head and the other baby lying on top of me, can be a bit tricky to start with until you get the hang of placement but for me it was the easiest way. Anything else just ask
    Last edited by stacey10; 06-10-2015 at 18:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and don't worry too much about the top up, I had to do it for the first couple of weeks just so long as your firm with him (if you want to keep the breast feeding up) and always make sure he has a good feed on the boob otherwise he will just want the bottle as he doesn't have to work for the milk it just comes out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Well done AMFM for going home and good luck with breastfeeding.

Thanks a lot Stacey for the treatment plan details. I wasn't sure what is going on with Zlin because I emailed them after my first scan almost 3 weeks ago and I didn't get a reply. But yesterday Denisa replied and she send me the exact plan. She was usually really quick in replying, but apparently she was away, planning to move to London. Just a heads up for the ladies that have her as coordinator.

Have a great afternoon, ladies!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HFAM For This Useful Post:

tigerlilly9772  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

great reading the updates.
    hope everyone is still travelling with well.

Hfam, how many times did you need ivig? I have intralipids before and ivig after. Trying to plan the budget and wondering is it just one lot of ivig or more. If more how long was it between treatments?

Im going to pop over to the high nk cell thread but thought I'd ask here too.

deb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb

I had one IVIG before I left to Zlin, one after pregnancy has been confirmed, and one yesterday. So aproximately 4 weeks between the infusions. In 2 weeks time I'll have some blood tests done and then a consult with dr M and will see. The dr I'm seeing here in Perth said that probably I won't need any more, maybe 1-2 intralipids just in case. But we'll see after the blood results. The thing is everyone is different and you'll get plenty of different answers. I've heard of ladies that have done only 2-3 in the first trimester and others that continued almost until birth. On the other hand, this is not an exact science. Dr M seems to be couscious but still, when he first gave me the treatment plan he said that I might need 2-3 in the first trimester. Fingers crossed that I won't need more, cause we are broke already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HFAM View Post
    Hi everyone

Well done AMFM for going home and good luck with breastfeeding.

Thanks a lot Stacey for the treatment plan details. I wasn't sure what is going on with Zlin because I emailed them after my first scan almost 3 weeks ago and I didn't get a reply. But yesterday Denisa replied and she send me the exact plan. She was usually really quick in replying, but apparently she was away, planning to move to London. Just a heads up for the ladies that have her as coordinator.

Have a great afternoon, ladies!
    Thanks for the heads up! OMG, I will miss Denisa so much. I wonder who they will reassign us to. :/ Really liked Denisa, and she speaks English so fluently. her hubby is English, so I guess that's part of the reason for her move.

Anyone know how many times a donor can donate in Zlin? I know our donor had done at least one donation prior to us. Hoping she can go for another one, and that she wants to. I'm hoping to bank embryos in case our FET doesn't work, or it does and we want a sibling/s. I'd like the to be full siblings if at all possible. I just feel if I can make that happen, it makes up for other things

xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tigerlilly I think it's twice, maybe 3 times if they have children already, although they will possibly ask her and if she will I think they'll let her, but I'm pretty sure Czech law is a max of 3 times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im in the process of booking flights to prague flying with emirates with an infant. Hoping someone can give tips pn seating, must have essentials etc.

Really nervous going for a fet with an infant. She'll be 17months when we travel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exiting stuff Jensdream What dates have you decided on? All I can say about flying with little ones is go with the flow, the majority of people are pretty good regarding young kids and if your lucky you will have a few people around that will play peek a boo etc, I think some of the airlines are pretty good with young children and you usually get a bag full on goodies, even at 17 mths I'd be letter her do the colouring/scribbling in, just give her a bottle or something to chew on durin take off or landing as that's when the little ones usually scream because their ears hurt, but if that doesn't work don't stress out about the crying as it won't last long, and let her go up and down the aisle to burn off some energy as there is no way you'll be able to keep her in the seat for so long. Some give their kids phergern so they can have rest during the flight, not sure about that one though, maybe check with your gp to see if that's an option if it sounds ok to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hfam. I didn't end up posting on the hnk thread. You pretty much confirmed what I thought.

6 weeks tomorrow til we go. Getting anxious, scared that what happened last year will happen again.

hope everyone is doing well.

deb