Closed Thread
Page 55 of 109 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    HFAM good to hear you have your treatment plan. How long did it take to get this after your hysteroscopy and biopsy? ALso, if you don't mind me asking, what are the costs of the drugs? We might have to review our travel plans too after I get my plan from Dr M.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb. The results from the biopsy took less than expected. My FS told me that it might take up to 6 weeks. After a week I called the lab in Sydney to ask how long it takes and they told me it was done. But then it took a few more days and many phone calls to get the results in the mail. I was in a rush because I already had the follow up appointment with dr M booked.
    Dr M initially suggested intralipids which is $650 each from what i read on the high nk cells thread. But then, when i told him i want to have the treatment with the highest chances because we go for egg donation, he said that IVIG might be more efficient in my case. It is $2250 for 15mg (it depends on weight, it could be up to $3000) and I'll have 1 before going to Zlin and probably 2 more after. But could be more than that, depends on the results. To this I have to add all the expenses of going to Sydney each time plus the other drugs.
    Feel free to ask me any questions. I just hope that you won't need IVIG or other expensive drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deb, and hfam my girlfriend did the intralipids first and got a bfn, so then did the IVig and got her Bfp, hopefully you won't need them Deb.
    I'm not heading back until may next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    THanks HFAM. Hopefully I don't need IVIG. I was thinking around $1k each so the 650 is fine, but the 2-3k is a bit ouch on the budget. Oh well, if we get the result we want then all worth it, but it may curtail the travel a bit, or we may look at a loan.
    I had a lovely breakfast this morning and caught up with my friend who has recently got pregnant through ZLin, she is 9 weeks and has bad morning sickness too.
    Have a good week everyone. WOrk tomorrow then day off heading to SYdney for biopsy Tuesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today Deb xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    All done and home. Long day with a 2.5 hour drive there and around 3 coming back. And to add to the length of the day Dr M was an hour late. But it was good to finally meet him as I have only had phone consults. So, I have the follow up in 3-4 weeks and then we can start planning.
    I usually wake from anastheatic crying. Not today. Obviously work was on my mind and I woke saying "I have to fix excel, I have to fix excel" funny.
    Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb, hope everything went well today.

I'm so excited. I've got the date: we'll be in Zlin on the 12th of August. It seems so far away, but first step was done.

How is everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

HFAM all went well. Feeling a bit crampy and tired today so decided to stay home, I was originally going to go to work. But I also did not expect to get home around 8/9pm either. Yah you have a date. I am so looking forward to being able to start the planning again. AUgust will come around before you know it.

I was not expecting the shoulder pain I had last night. DId you experience that HFAM? I went to Dr Google and read it is because of the gases put in to distend the uterus and some remains and gives some shoulder pain. Not as bad today so eased overnight. I have a good bruise on my shoulder too, which I have put down to the sticky things they put on to wire you up to monitor and maybe it got a bit stuck coming off. Or maybe they were throwing me around by the shoulder while I was under

I had a student come and ask me lots of questions that were a bit personal. He is a student working with Dr M. One of the questions was even what sort of sex hubby and I have, eg oral, vaginal. I think he was more uncofmortable asking the question than me answering the poor guy. He seemed very nervous.

Well, through the next stage for me and feeling a lot more positive again. Thanks for being there and listening (reading). It does help cause as supportive as my family are they do not understand this. My sister is wonderful but does not really agree with the lengths we are going to to have a child and "at your age". SHe loves me and is really just trying to protect me from being hurt but I can not really talk to them about the emotional side because they don't really understand. You guys do cause you have/are all going through it.

Stacey, of the other threads you are on is there a good one for people going through treatment with Dr M? I have found one called High Natural Killer Cells #6. DO you know that one? Just thought it would be good to do some reading and maybe post on a thread about that stuff. Mind you, with you here I probably don't really need to, you know so much and headed me in his direction to start with. THANK YOU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb I'm just so happy that you finally have some answers and can now move forward with the best possible chance of a baby
    There is an immunes thread on the f/f uk site and also a private one on f/b, if your interested in that on pm me and I'll find out how you can join that, the one on the uk site is an open forum
    you could have had a bit of fun with your answers to those questions lol
    Hfam August will be here before you know it
    All is well here, we are experiencing a lot more spills now that both the girls are walking Definitely no relaxing for me now, my eldest daughter is heading off to the uk for 2 yrs and she usually comes shopping with me and we stop off for a drink, that definitely won't be happening once she goes
    Another friend had her transfer yesterday, she's an early tester, yay lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb. Sorrt but i didn't experience any shoulder pain, only a few cramps. That is good you're staying home and relax.
    Yes, the thread called high natural killer cells has all the information, different persons experiences, results, treatment etc. There are 6 threads in total, if you have the patience to read them it is a good idea. I had a reading marathon over a few weekends, but now that i know more and have my results I go back and read certain things again. I know that everyone's experience is different, but it helped me a lot to be prepared for the worse and accept the situation and know what to expect.

I have to go back to work now 😭