Closed Thread
Page 28 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Anglie, 2nd trimester whoo! Good result on the nuchal even with your age, mine was 1:30 and 1:35 lol
    Deb have you received your forms for the tests yet?
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone sorry I didn't reply earlier, my internet access is limited here congrats Anglie how exciting we are at the airport today heading to Paris, technically my first blood test was gone be due tomorrow, but I think it has to wait till we get back next week.
    Stacey and Deb, As for symptoms I don't have any boob pain which surprises me as I generally get that when it's close to my period but nothing now. My emotions are stable maybe bkz I'm still on holiday mode , which could change as soon as we get back home
    The cramping continues on but it's either on the right or the left never all the way , not sure why 😁 maybe twins !!
    I'm not lifting any of the bags and DH is doing all the hard work but yesterday I was trying to get to the bathroom of a restaurant and OMG the door was so massive and so heavy , had a bit of a pain in lower abdomin after that , not sure how sensitive they could be ... I suppose I need to be too careful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Angliegreat news things going well.

AMFM enjoy Paris

i got the paperwork this week. I just need to try to find the time to get the test. It is walking distance from work but I am so busy at work I haven't even had lunch breaks and was there until 8 tonight. Cause I stayed late tonight I told them I would be late tomorrow so will get the tests on my way to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I had the blood tests this morning. 11 tubes. 66ml. The poor lady taking it, she said she was nervous because she had never taken that much before.

How's paris AMFM?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeek I probably should have warned you about that, sorry !! I hope you managed at work after that xx
    Amfm hope your still enjoying your holiday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, yes Deb that rings a bell, mine was a number tube too and some had to be processed straight away. Did you have to pay ? I received a bill in the mail as apprantly not all are covered .
    Well me being me andDH being encouraging 😜 I did a blood test this morning my result is 784 mUL/ml yayyyy that's positive but I don't know what else it means does it indicate anything about twins or not ?

As for Paris, to be honest I didn't like it that much I really liked Prague, Salzburg in Austria and Bern in Switzerland we are going to Norway to visit my husband's relatives and then head home , I actually miss home now, want my bed 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amfm that's a good strong beta mine was 750 on test day, but I've seen singleton pregnancies just as high, yes you may have twins brewing or a very healthy single baby, if you can manage another blood test that may give you more of an indicator, there is also betabase which you can look up and it gives the ranges of hcg levels for single, twin and higher order multiples and if anything , it's extremely interesting to note the huge variation

Thanks
    Reviews
    AMFM that all sounds good. I liked Paris but I can understand after prague etc it could be a bit anticlimactic. I have a great story behind my paris trip. Over 10 years ago I was doing the live in London thing. I was in Trafalgar square at 3am after a big night with work people. One of the guys from work and I said, let's go to Paris. So we went home, got our passports and off we went on the train.had my wallet stolen in Paris. But had a great weekend.

i had no charges for the blood tests, all bulk billed which surprised me, I thought there would be some fees. I don't expect a bill in the mail because they advise and you have to sign if there is a charge. I had to do that for the ones my obstetrician requested and the fee was for the one I probably don't need, the AHM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We gut charged €60 in Paris for lunch, 2 baguettes, 2 pastries and 2 coffees, because we sat down at a table, that was 3x lunches in Athens lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good Deb, I think there is a section that if dr. Tickes it will be bulk billed by OB never admitted to it he just didn't care , I will never go back to him he also did an un necessary surgery followed by so much infection and problems !!!!
    Stacey I hope I have twins my next blood test is due when we are back home so will see how that goes