Closed Thread
Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan all done. There are 2 sacs. You can see the yolk sac in them but can't see a baby yet. But they measure at 5 weeks 5 days which is correct. I was a bit nervous because we could not see the baby so of course I googled it and it seems that all is fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the help again .

I was wondering how there can be much heavy lifting when travelling anyway since the suitcases are on wheels, or is that included as heavy lifting too?

In regards to Egypt would be the heat that would be hard or tummy bug? I have been to Turkey and Egypt before and have never got a tummy bug ... maybe because I don't drink the water . Reason I am asking is my brother in law lives in UAE and the plan was to see him on the way home and I thought UAE would be even hotter. Was the reason you couldn't go to the hot springs because of the heat? I am just wondering because did think if UAE would be too much maybe Singapore it is just to break up the journey on the way home.

I was wondering if people that have gone over if it is their first time doing IVF? I had heard that people doing IVF for the first time usually don't get a BFP so that concerns me.

Also can anyone tell me or give me a link on food that you can't eat when pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Debant, wow I'm so excited for you both. How did you feel seeing the two sacs, what about your hubby, he must be over the moon.

My latest news I went for a second hcg test and progesterone test. Get the results tomorrow. My progesterone level was 43 at 13dpo so I just emailed Anastasia and asked her whether I should increase my dose. Thinking it may be on the low side. Can any of you ladies shed some light on your progesterone levels early on in pregnancy. Thanks

malek, I just think you can still have a good holiday just know when to limit yourself eg lifting heavy bags etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Deb, that's very excitingwow it must have been one of best days of your life

anglie, hope Anastasia get back to you soon , all the best

afm , looking forward to my injection next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anglie the clinic like progesterone to be 30 or over so yours is good
    deb fantastic news and right on track, you wouldnt expect to see anything else until around the 6-7 wk mark, by then heartbeats should be visible
    Malak, tummy bugs when pregnant etc arnt good, heavy lifting including bags on wheels, at some stage they need to be lifted on off luggage carousels etc, up kerbs, that's all a no no, no massage or hot springs or swimming after transfer, going to a hot country would be ok you just need to keep hydrated at all times, including flights, which you should also get up and move around. If you have no known issues and it's just a case of old eggs, early menopause, low amh etc, then if you choose a great clinic who use blastocysts for transfer there is no reason why it won't work the first time, but they do say it can take as many as 3 tries. Going to zlin was my second go at donor egg ivf, I went to a clinic in Greece in May last year, that obviously didn't work and that was due to it being a shonky clinic, in the end I wondered if they actually even transferred anything.
    Food not to eat during pregnancy include deli meats and salads, smoke seafood like mussels (canned are ok) alcohol, deep sea fish should be limited to 1 portion every 2wks ( hake etc due to mercury levels) soft cheeses like Camembert, caffeine limited, sushi and sashimi etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Malak, it was more the tummy bug than the heat. The heat just makes it more tiring that's all. I didn't drink the water either but still managed to get a bug somewhere along the way. THe main lifting was in and out of trains for us as we went to Vienna and Budapest on the train. And some steps along the way as well. THe rest was on wheels which was fine for me to do.
    Also, this was out first attempt at IVF.

ANglie. It's a nervous wait isn't it. I have not even checked my progesterone level. I figure if the Dr had concerns they would tell me. I had another test on Sat so will call tomorrow and ask about the progesterone level. THey increased my progesterone while in Zlin though because it was a bit low the day of transfer.

I was not that excited today during scan because I was too concerned that we could not see the babies. Feeling a bit better about it now though. Still can't wait for that scan with the heartbeat. I think then I will let myself go.

Getting closer AMFM. Good luck with the needls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb I'd get your progesterone checked just to be sure, it can fluctuate, I had mine checked about 4 times are you still taking the middle one vaginally, or have you swaped that to orally now? Off to the dietrician for you !!'
    Last edited by stacey10; 09-12-2014 at 15:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got my blodd test results today. They have not been checking progesterone. I did not think to ask when I got the referral. I see the obstetrician next week so will take it from there.
    I don't know whether I should be happy or concerned about my HCG levels though. It was 10595. From 588 to 10595 in one week... Can anyone shed any light as to whether this should concern me. I just spoke to reception at the GP's and she said it's normal to increase a lot and indicates I am 8-9 weeks. No, I am 5-6 weeks and increase by 10000 in one week???
    How's yours going Anglie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb it's increased that much because you have twins, nothing to worry about, good strong babies firmly planted into mums tummy doing what they should be doing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving this thread! What are the success rates for the Czech clinics?