Page 17 of 109 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy to hear everyone is doing great and feeling better
    4 more sleeps and we are off 😉
    Deb my coordinator is Anastasia she is lovely and very helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I know most people go to zlin and there is heaps of really good information and support on here relating to zlin, but I was wondering if anyone on this forum has been elsewhere in CZ and why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Zlin for my first cycle, the clinic is great but decided to try Reprofit in Brno and am pregnant with twins. Both clinics are fab

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting AMFM. Everything crossed for you.

So went and saw obn today and all good. And of course this evening is the first time without strong pain. At least my mind is at ease now and he is going on leave this week so if the pain had continued I would not have been aleto see him.

We had a quick chat that we are thinking of going back for our frosties. We said we would talk more re that on my 6 week f/up visit. But he gave me blood tests to do so he at least has those results. I don't think he is too keen on much testing. I mentioned the mthrfr and he did not think that was needed. I spoke to him about a hysteroscope which Eva at Zlin suggested and again not recommend that because my uterus based on ultrasound looks all good. I have one fibroid that even the clinic in Zlin said is not in a spot that would affect pregnancy. THe blood tests he has ordered are anti mullerian hormone, cardiolipin and lupus anticoagulant. From other peoples experience is this enough? I'm not sure if he necessarily agrees with us going back, but we will talk with him further on my next visit. I want to stay with him because he has been fantastic through this, and he has a really good reputation. The harder people to tell will be my family. They did not agree with us going the first time, they are definately not going to be in agreeance a second time given what we have gone through this time. Oh well. It is DH and my decision not theirs. I just hate the negative opinions I know I will get and the disagreement that will be expressed. They are my biggest supporters but this sometimes means they are a bit protective and don't always agree with my decisions. I know it is out of concern for us but it makes it hard sometimes. And I couldn't not tell them, I know that would hurt them and be worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb my ob also didn't want to give me the blood tests to the point that he told me genetic tests such as MTHR and some other tests that zlin wanted me and DH to do is not done in Australia, my ob is also is the head of an IVF clinc in one of the big hospitals in Melbourne, he simply was saying that these tests are not necessary and that if you go to zlin and it doesn't work come back and we will see I then had to find a genetic counceller to find out that these tests are very normal and easily done, then I went back and basically told him if he doesn't perscribe the test I will go to some one else ( of course very nicely with a smile )
    although all tests were negative but I feel much more confident about the trip than if I didn't have the tests done.

I just oust personally think any type of test is worthwhile going for given the emotional, physical and financial involment in doing what we do , you know ?

re family involment, you are right , it's great to have a suporyive family. However, it's yours and DH's life and whatever you choose for it is the best

im very excited and hopefull for this trip, sometimes I think to myself I shouldn't be this positive incase it doesn't work out. DH got me my favourite maternity bag coup,e of weeks ago, I just cried he keeps saying our babiesss( he is defiantly hopping for twins ) but every thing about this is very unpredictable so we just have to wait and hope for the best.
    Dod you get any thing for your coordinator ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deb m sorry to say this but don't listen to him, why on earth would he get you to have your amh done? That's to check your overian reserve for goodness sake Get onto Dr M and he will get those tests sorted for you, I think they're really important for you to get done
    Totally agree with you regarding family, that's why we told no one, we wouldn't have had any support at all.chillout, I agree with crystal, reprofit in Brno is also a very good clinic as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh Deb I've just had to get out of bed because I can't sleep because of your post and you OB, I'm angry for you, and at him, bloody amh test your using Frirkken donor egg why does he want to know your overian reserve? So he can tell you to try naturally argh sorry but these tests are easy to have done and you need to get them done, I'd be on the ph to Dr M tomorrow to sort it all out, don't forget your TSH as well !
    Amfm be positive, no reason not to be
    Hey Crystal hope the pregnancy is going well
    Right now to try and go to sleep xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Stacey your funny. Not good when you are loosing sleep over my stuff. I came away yesterday thinking I am sure I have had AHM before, and yes I did over 12 months ago when we first started looking at fertility. DERRRRR
    I called Dr M today and got a voicemail for Professor ????? so I hung up. Came home, checked number and googled and yes, he is a professor. SO I'll call again tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb, yep he's a professor AND knows his stuff Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope everyone is doing well.

I am looking for some advice. After my miscarriage this weekend, I felt more sure than ever about using donor eggs. I had already made my mind up and another miscarriage only solidified that my eggs are crappy and it's time to move on. Fastforward to this morning when we had our initial consult with Prague Fertility Centre. We LOVED the doctor, but were suprised she recommended an IVF cycle first. We have never done IVF, but also were told that my eggs are crap. A little more background, my amh is 0.7, my antral follicle count ranges from 5-8 follicles, my FSH is 7.5 (but I was told my estrongen is high and that suppresses it) and my FSH after the Clomid challenge was 22. The doctor told me the clomid challenge isn't very accurate and she only looks at the day 3 FSH. So now I am confused. I am leaning towards still only doing a donor cycle. She offered to stim me for IVf and prep a donor for the same price but it would be a shared cycle and I'd only get half of the donors eggs. I do not want to continue the heartbreak and I also do not want to waste time. Also if I got pregnant with my own eggs I would be very worried about miscarriage and abnormalities (moreso than with donor).

Thoughts?

Has anyone else gone right to donor without first tryin IVF? Has anyone else had bad results on the Clomid challenge? Apparenly it is more popular in the USA.

Thanks ladies!!