Closed Thread
Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear from you Anglie. Sorry you are so unwell. But it will all be worth it.

AMFM, I am so excited for you. I hate packing, I get really stressed. My Mum has a trick. Pack then take half out. She has travelled a lot.

So, I am after peoples thoughts. Of course I am already thinking, do we go back. We do still have 2 frosties in Zlin, a grade a and b. I want to talk to obn first and I see him for a follow up in 6 weeks.
    I would like your thoughts.
    I have had 2 pregnancies in my life (that I know of) and both miscarriage at 8 weeks. 1 with my eggs and this one with donor. Could this mean I am not able to carry a pregnancy? Can it be established if it is possible or not to carry a pregnancy or is it continue try and see?
    WIth the trouble this time would we be best to try a new donor or go with our frozen embryos. Obviously going with frozen is cheaper both on treatment costs and travel costs because we could just fly over stay for transfer then fly home.
    This is just stuff going through my mind at the moment. We do not want to make a decision yet as we are still dealing with this loss, but me being me my brain likes to jump a bit forward and start thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb you know hearing your journey I was also thinking if you're u were gone use the frozen embryos or start with a new donor , I didn't want to ask you just yet but you have thought about it

What did zlin say ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deb if you can afford it I would try again with a new donor, I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with her eggs, but if you go back for your frosties and again it doesn't work will you always wonder what if? If you end up with more frosties to add to the ones you have, all the better I would also have some more blood tests done to check for immune problems, high nk cells, mthfr etc as you could have underlying issues that your not aware of before you decide to go back for a fresh cycle or your frosties, things like this are reasonably easy to treat and just need a tweak in your protocol, I'm not sure where you live but in Sydney there is a very good immune doctor who can run these additional tests and will give you an altered protocol to follow, he is available for ph consultations as well if you do not live in Sydney and will send blood forms via email etc, let me know if you would like his number xx
    Last edited by stacey10; 10-01-2015 at 12:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and some good for thought for you as well Deb, research has shown a link between mthfr and bipolar as well as other disorders, also get your TSH level checked as well as it should be as close to 1 for pregnancy as possible and definitely lower than 2.5 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stacey you are a wealth of informaton. I will do some reading about mthfr. Are you saying there could be a link between this and bipolar which could link to miscarriage? I will need to start a list for my obn. Could you send me the name and number of the dr, I am not in Sydney, but only a couple of hours from Sydney so could easily see someone there.
    Still not sure if we will go back and I think too early to make that decision, but it is definately in my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb, yes having the MTHFR mutation can cause multiple miscarriages and also some studies have linked it to depression, bipolar, schizophrenia etc as well, definitely worth pursuing as are the other tests I mention, you may have to go through the dr I mentioned as most doctors/obgyn/fertility dr's don't know the first thing about immune problems. Also I want to tell you that there is nothing wrong with planning/thinking ahead as it helps to know that when your ready you have a plan to move forward if you want to, it can be very healing to do this xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb didn't zlin ask for MRHFR test results for u ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, can I ask if anyone tried seeking a donor here in Australia before going the overseas option, and if so, what your experiences were/how long you waited before giving up? Also how does this compare cost-wise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    AMFM no they did not ask for the mthfr did they ask you?

Chillout, I did look here is Aus first. I put an ad in the paper as recommended by Genea. I put an ad on Egg Donor Angels website and even shared this on my facebook page. We did not hide we were looking because we went with the logic the more people that know you never know who may know someone. Our ad on Egg donor angels got over 800 hits but only 2 responses, one from someone in UK who started with "whats in it for me" and one from a scammer offering an adoption of a baby from an African orphanage, I wouldn't even need to go over there and there would be no troubles with me adopting this baby. Yeh sure, adoption is not that easy for Aus. I googled the orphanage and it does exist and the first thing on their page was beware of scammers using their orhpanage name. I responded to some ads donors put up on egg donor angels. I had one that we started communicating with but she chose another couple. We also joined Egg Donation Australia and went along to one of the meet ups. You have to be prepared to really put yourself out there with egg donation australia and network, we are not networkers. This was also not for us as we preferred the anonymous donor option and did not really want our donor to be part of our life going forward, whereas from what I saw with members of egg donation aus donors and recipients build strong friendships, which is not what we wanted.
    Cost wise treatment cost was comparable to Zlin. The out of pocket expenses for treatment in Aus with Genea was around $7k, which is roughly what treatment cost in Zlin was. If you then add on donor costs here, depending on where your donor comes from you may have flights and accommodation for them to come to treatment, or you go to them, their medical costs if not covered by health insurance, if they have children maybe some childcare costs, lost wages if they have to miss work, and any other incidental costs like fuel, parking, food etc.
    We preferred the o/s option, having a donor found for us, completely anonymous and a holiday to go with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Deb I did do the test