Closed Thread
Page 14 of 109 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Stacey..,I'm hoping you're right.

I had a great conversation with a friend tonight and we were talking about loss and how it's hard to get over it and how maybe you never do but you are just different afterwards and find a new normal. She sent me the following quote that I thought I should share, "the reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not 'get over' the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will learn to heal and rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same; not should you want to"

For some reason this spoke to me. For those of you who know loss...at 4 weeks, at 8 weeks, or full term...grieve it and know you don't need to "get over" it. You will find a new normal and a new "whole". I'm finding comfort in this tonight.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to klh80205 For This Useful Post:

Debant  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLH so sorry. Its tough and the best word I can use at the moment is it sux. I hope you can continue and not delay your plans. Thoughts are with you KLH.

I can not say enough to say how wonderful my obstetrician and his receptionist are and everyone at the hospital today. I called this morning at 9am. Obn was still on rounds but receptionist had read report and was waiting for him to get in. I asked if he will more than likely get me in for a currette and she said probably if thats what I wanted, His theatre day was yesterday so she will need to tap into other peoples theatre time but as soon as she speaks to him she will get things organised and call me back, so nil by mouth until know. SHe was not sure how they will go today because it is first week back in theatre and most are pretty full up. Well, I had a call from him, he is such a caring and compassionate man. At that stage they were working on getting me in at 12:30 today, which amazed me. Receptionist was finalising the plans and will call back. Around 10:30 she calls, ok we have you in theatre at 11:30. They got theatre to open early, an anaethetist coming over from another hospital between other jobs. The theatre they usually work out of was doing ceasarians all day so they moved me to another building so I did not wake up in recovery around women who had just had babies which meant more coordination but was better for me. Obn then had to have his other patients moved around so he could come over and do the curette. So, I was in and out and home already. Much different experience than my last miscarriage which was through public, this time I am private. Had sushi when got home, no foods to avoid now.

So, on the physical side of things is all sorted, now just need to take the time to grieve. One thing I have learnt while managing bipolar is to roll the wave of emotions, not fight them or deny them and pretend they are not there. I have read a few books by a guy called Craig Hamilton about his journey with bipolar and he has a quote he uses when he is in a depressed state and that is "this too will pass". And it will, for now DH and I need to take it easy and grieve.

Thanks everyone for your kinds words and support.

And AMFM, still very excited for you and your trip next week. Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Anglie, haven't heard form you for a while, hope everything is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a very happy day yesterday , stay strong Deb and Klh , we all understand that it's not easy but I hope that you can grieve as quick as possible
    Deb, I'm getting so anxious getting closer to the date and kind of regretting the travel plans we organised after the transfer. Currently we will travel for another 2 weeks after the transfer across Europe with 1 night and 2 nights stop overs 😳 hope that does make me too tired !!!
    For now going along with the protocol, DH sends me reminders every 8 hours , just waiting for next Friday to arrive for my US😏

Thanks
    Reviews
    AMFM Your travel plans will be fine. THe hardest bit is for DH having to lift the suitcases for you, no lifting by you. If your anything like me I kept feeling bad seeing him carry 2 suitcases onto the train, up stairs etc. Just enjoy your time together seeing Europe. Where are your travels taking you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are going to Austria , Germany , Switzerland , France and Norway 😮 also we thought given the situation we will just take one suitcase to ease the on/ off train and rest of it.
    How are you feeling ? When are you going to back to work ? ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    One suitcase is a good idea. Pack light.
    I'm going ok. Bit of pain today but nothing too bad, not enough to take anything too strong. Emotionally, I cry. DH back at work today so home with the 3 furkids who sleep all day, gives me too much time to think. I am going back to work Monday. I have a great workplace that if I burst in to tears they will understand and some will join in with me. They have been behind me the whole way and are upset too. A couple popped in yesterday with some flowers which was lovely and yes they cried with me. I need to get back to work, after 3 weeks off before this I need to get back for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I'm so sorry I haven't been on a while. Im so sorry to hear your news deb, I just want to know your in my thoughts and prayers.

amfm not long now I'm very excited for you, it came around so quick, well maybe for me not you the time. Hope you have a wonderful journey.

well I've been suffering so much. I have been so sick day night and so emotional moody. I hope you don't think I'm complaining so much I'm so grateful for being pregnant but my body physically and mentally is a wreck. I have had so many visits to doctors tried everything and am looking forward to the first semester coming to an end. I have another 2 weeks to go. I haven't had another ultrasound since my 6 week one. Hoping for an ultrasound the week after next will let you know the outcome.

I have been following all your threads and am still around, trying to cope with looking after my toddler who must know as he's starting to go through the terrible twos.

Please take care of yourselves ladies

Anglie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello again, me with my heaps of questions for you lovely ladies!! It is really hard to get clear information from the websites so this forum is just invaluable...
    Can anyone tell me how much frozen embryo cycles cost compared to fresh cycles? I mean, if there are frozen embryos left over from a previous cycle where implantation was not successful. Also if this is common or if most people don't have frozen embryos left (not sure of the "averages" that you could anticipate, if there is such a thing!). I've noticed that the U.S. Clinics have success guarantee packages which include all the frozen cycles from a fresh cycle as well, was wondering if this would make it more cost effective than it first appears.
    Also, when success rates are quoted, is this for foetal heartbeat or live birth, or positive pregnancy test? Also is this quoted per embryo transferred, or per cycle (given that usually two seem to be transferred)?Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chillout zlin do have all that info your looking for on their spread sheet on their web page you just have to go through it all which can be a pain !! they have the percentage of pregnancy rate with a positive test then the same for a live pregnancy etc, fet is €500-600 and is usually done on a natural cycle with estrogen and progesterone support, it also depends on your donor obviously but they don't super stim the donors like they do in the u.s, I had 2 grade a frosties, I consider myself lucky, some don't get any, they don't freeze anything less than grade 3, maybe even grade 2 I can't quite remember.
    anglie sorry to hear your suffering so much, hopefully things will settle quickly for you once the first trimester is over!!
    Deb Thankfully things were over quickly for you and it didn't stretch out any longer, you were on tender hooks for so long as it is I'm hoping that you can move on when your ready, good to know that you have a wonderfully supportive bunch of people around you xx
    amfm good idea on the single suitcase!! If I was in your shoes I'd take it easy for the first week, leisurely strolls rather than marathon walks would be the go, good to keep the blood flow to the uterus but no over doing it, don't forget to keep your abdomen warm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi childout re frozen cycle ,frozen embryo transfer is 500 euro , and the 4500 euro for DE cycle is inclusive of one year storage of frozen embryos .

Anglie , wow almost at the end of your 1st trimester , how exciting 😀 are you showing much ? I didn't know I had a little one , must be full on , hope you feel better soon 😘
    I'm packing this weekend , taking care of last min shopping as I'm working all next week ☺️
    Deb darling , hope you feel better very soon , and I think going to back to work will help in emotional recovery as you won't have too much time to think about it , sending your way a big hug and lots of kisses