+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Talk about feeling deflated on a Friday night πŸ˜”

I am laying in bed while my DH has gone to a cousins party. I wanted to go but the new baby was being a tad grizzly as she does when she's tired. The toddler was being a little TO energetic for my liking which meant she was overtired so I made the decision to stay home 😒

Who can be bothered dealing with all this at a party while everyone else is having a ball! Pacing a crying baby and screaming at my psycho toddler at an awesome party isn't really on my bucket listπŸ˜”

We don't leave our kids with anyone ever and I know a lot of people don't get that but it's nights like tonight where I think wow when will be the next time DH and I can have a fun night out. Babies really change your world! I am forever grateful and feel bad posting this. Even if no one replies atleast I got it out!

Does anyone else ever feel like they miss out?
    I wouldn't change it for the world but still feel I'm missing out!

*sigh*
    Last edited by LoCo; 05-12-2014 at 22:40.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Oh sweet I constantly feel this way. Even when DS is not being a pita - he's 2! I can't leave him to entertain himself with a novel and a snifter of brandy while I go and have fun at a party. I went to an engagement party when DS was about three months old and literally spent the whole time inside with him while everyone was outside. No one came in to keep me company, which is understandable I guess, but I did wonder why I'd bothered.

And parties always seem to be at stupidly inconvenient times when you have a LO - like witching hour or right across nap time. Hey look at that - seems I needed a vent too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm with you! Dh and I miss out on most things. We were the first to have kids in our circle (by a long way) and we also use babysitters almost never (and so far only really my sister or mil) and ds is 5! Dh and I like to remind ourselves that when our friends all start reproducing we will be living it up and well past the nappy stages

I guess what I am trying to say is that it will pass! Doesn't seem like it now, but we'll be able to have fun again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Sweet Tooth  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks harvs☺️

Can't believe I'm feeling this way! I'm not even a party girl (😁anymore) oh well. Maybe I need to get out been couped up with the mil for over a week I think 😱 I neeeed space. 5 days to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    I'm with you! Dh and I miss out on most things. We were the first to have kids in our circle (by a long way) and we also use babysitters almost never (and so far only really my sister or mil) and ds is 5! Dh and I like to remind ourselves that when our friends all start reproducing we will be living it up and well past the nappy stages

I guess what I am trying to say is that it will pass! Doesn't seem like it now, but we'll be able to have fun again.
    Thank youπŸ˜‹ you are so right. Although I do feel by the time the kids are older and we're ready to go out again I'll be an old bag haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got home from a christmas function and even though my dd was at my parents, I left to pick her up and take her home (she's nearly 3 and at the moment won't sleep unless I'm near)!!! I'm also pregnant so I'm just a joy to be around....,

My hubby is still out enjoying the party even though he has to go to work in 6hrs!

We had the same conversation tonight, we never have a night "off" together and because our dd is a bad sleeper inlaws, my parents don't want to take her over night.., it's totally understandable, but I need a night out with my hubby.... Looks like this time next year it might happen!! Lol see now I'm venting....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'm not missing out on a party but DS did take an hour to go down and now I'm spending my precious "me time" researching how to make his first birthday cake. Exciting Friday night here!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being a single parent with no family here, I have had 2 nights out in 8 years without kids. One of those a school trivia night. Hoping that this will change once Miss 2.5 years is happy to go to sleep without me and I can afford a sitter. I would love to listen to live music or go have a cocktail somewhere nice

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I can understand that. I'm with DS 24/7 and can count on one hand thing I've done without him attached to me. The other day I left the house to get a pedicure and eyebrow wax. The first time I'd done something for me since he was born 8 months ago. I was to be gone for 1.5 hours approx and left DS with mil. I came back to a baby who had refused to have a bottle from his grandmother (which he has never done before) so I guess I'm definitely not going anywhere anytime soon. I was meant to be going to DP work Xmas party in the city on the 19th but guessing I won't be going now if DS won't take a bottle from his grandmother. 😭😭

I just need a break. Guess I'm not getting it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I've just been introduced to this. First time mum and missing out sucks. I'm hoping it doesn't last too long.