+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4month old hardly drinking

I have a 4 month old who is on formula. She has always been good with feeding and had a healthy appetite, she was generally drinking 150ml and we were upping some feeds to 200ml. In the last 4 or so days she has become really fussy and will drink about 130ml when she gets up in the morning and the rest of her feeds are a struggle she will drink between 50-100ml with a few breaks and tears.

I think she is starting to teeth so not sure if this could be why. She is still having wet nappies and 1-2 pooey nappies a day.

Just wondering if this is normal and if anyone else has gone through this. Any suggestions of what I can do or do I just keep offering it to her and wait until her appetite returns?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS would go through phases where he was fussy and wouldn't drink as much either.

The other thing it could be is the teat flow. If she is still on the newborn teat, she might need to go up to the next one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, good to know it's not just my DD! She just had 150ml which I am happy about! Hopefully she can now to go sleep with a full little tummy

We changed the teat about 3 weeks ago and that made a difference. Will see how she goes over the next few days.

Thanks

Similar Threads

1. 4month old low weight gain
    By loulou21 in forum Babies (3 - 6 months)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-08-2014, 16:57
  2. I don't know what to do about his drinking... Help!
    By Vonnie89 in forum Family & Friends
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 15:21
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-01-2014, 19:54