+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Schedule for 18 month old

I'm wondering if people can please share their basic schedule for their approx. 18 month olds. My twins are currently dropping to one sleep a day and I'm a bit lost as to how to fit things in, such as lunch when they seem to sleep at that time. I had it all running beautifully on 2 sleeps but now I'm trying to figure out what time to put them to bed. They always went down at 10am and 2:30pm. I would struggle to get them to go past midday for a nap but this is lunch time too. Any ideas would be great. Also, do you give cups of milk during the day at all? Mine have a cup of warm milk before bed, but with dinner filling them up they are drinking less of this and I wonder if I need to get more calcium/milk into them in the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 19 month old sleeps from 6pm to 7am and has a nap from 12 to 2pm.

He has some lunch before his nap and eats again when he wakes us after his nap. He seems to eat all day!

He goes to bed with a bottle filled with water and I give him some milk in a sippy cup during the day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 18m my DD was down to one nap a day from approx 11:30 to 2. Our routine would be:

Cup of milk on waking
    Breakfast half hour later (this then changed to cup of milk after breakfast not long after)
    9:30 morning tea
    11:00 second morning tea
    2:30 lunch
    5:30 dinner
    6:00 bath etc
    6:45 milk
    7pm bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 16 month olds day goes like this:

7:30-8am Wake up then breakfast.

10am morning tea

12:30 lunch

12:45-1pm down for a nap with his 3 year old brother.

3-3:30 wake up and afternoon tea

5:30-6 Dinner

6:15-6:30 Shower and stories

6:30-7pm both boys are in bed

He has water all day, no milk. He dropped his bottle before bed a couple of months ago. He sometimes wakes once at night so he has a milk then. If he doesn't wake overnight which is a fair bit he doesn't have milk at all.

If they eat cheese, yoghurt etc then don't stress about how much milk they have.

Ds2 used to nap twice a day at 10am and 2pm but he was fighting it so putting him down at 12:45-1pm seemed like the medium because it ensured he would have a decent nap. If I put him down earlier than that he wouldn't sleep. Although if we are driving in the morning he sometimes falls asleep in his car seat which doesn't mess with his nap too badly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 18mo's routine is roughly like this:

7am-ish - wake up and breakfast straight away

Morning tea whenever hungry

11.30 - Lunch

12/12.30 - Nap (generally 3-4 hours. I make sure she's up by 4.30pm). She dropped to 1 nap at 11 months - best thing I did as she was resisting 2 naps every day.

4ish - wake and afternoon tea

6 - Dinner

7/7.30 - Bed

She hasn't had any milk since I weaned her from breastfeeding at 15 months, she just drinks water. She has cheese every day and sometimes yoghurt. She has a very healthy diet with lots of fruit and veg, meat etc. If she wakes during the night (unusual) she gets the dummy or sometimes a drink of water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do 6am wake up, 6.30 breakfast, 9.30 morning tea, 11.30 lunch, 12pm nap usually for 2 hours, 3.00 afternoon tea, 6pm dinner, 7pm bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd's routine has been the same since dropping to 1 nap at 15 months (now 22 months).
    If she wakes super early around 5am I put her down for nap a bit earlier.

Around 530 Wake up, breastfeed
    630 breakfast
    930 morning tea
    1100 lunch
    1200 breastfeed (if I'm home) and nap
    (anywhere between 1.5-3 hrs)
    230 afternoon tea
    4 - bath
    430/5 dinner (depending how tired/hungry)
    615 books and pjs
    630 breastfeed and bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    When dd cut down to 1 nap she struggled to stay awake until 12, I started at 11 (lunch after) and gradually stretched her out. It also meant early bed as It also took a good month or so to sleep longer than 1 hour at first.
    I found it very easy on 2 naps to have a great routine that worked for us both and really struggled at first with only one nap.
    Tbh I preferred our routine with two naps but dd dropped the nap before I was ready! I do enjoy the long stretch to myself though
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 05-12-2014 at 18:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS2 is just 19 months and he started to drop to only one daytime nap and it was great for a few weeks but now he's back to needing two naps.

When he was having one nap his routine was roughly this.

5:30-6:30 wake and breastfeed in bed
    7am breakfast
    9am morning tea and breastfeed
    11:30am lunch
    12ish breastfeed daytime nap
    2pm wake him up for school pickup
    3pm afternoon tea and breastfeed
    5pm dinner
    6pm bath / bed routine
    7pm breastfeed and bed

I'm not big on structured routines so it's loose and he basically fell into his own pattern for that little period of time. But now he's back to two sleeps a day and it's driving me crazy its so hard to do anything when hes asleep all morning and afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. That gives me a really good idea of how to make it work. My girls will still sleep twice a day but I'm finding that they are struggling to go to sleep at 7pm now with that later nap, which is why I'm changing to one sleep. The problem will be stretching them in the morning to get to around midday. Oh well....here goes! We'll see what happens. Also...lots of people mention snacks. My girls are good eaters at meal times but don't seem to need snacks. It makes me wonder if I should spread out their food more. Another thing to ponder...any ideas on this?