+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I've started a couple of threads about this very subject. While I did receive responses and advice, I've found this thread the most helpful. For instance, nobody ever said that if the 50/50 was a failure, then try again a few weeks later!!

An I'm also loving the support on having an older infant swaddled! Thanks ladies
    I honestly think im the laziest mum ever... if I can find a way to do things easier I will... for instance DD won't sleep for longer than 30-40 minutes during the day in cot so as we speak she is swaddled with 1 arm out in her rocker if it works I say do it
    Like I said if I have to keep swaddling DD till she is 1 I will lol

Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one this thread has helped! ☺️

Last night was our third swaddle free night. Dd slept marginally better than the night before which has given me just enough hope to keep going. She has to get the hang of it eventually right?
    I think you've done really well to get through 3 nights! Hopefully tonight will be better again!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Oh for sure. Just not without giving us a hard time first! Makes me wonder why I started swaddling him again when he was out of them at 1 or 2 weeks old. I really wish I could remember. Damn you hazy newborn days! I'm sure I had a reason but now I'm cursing it *shakes fist*
    DD was a bit the same as newborn she'd be happy to sleep unswaddled I think for me it was more that she was a newborn and she slept alot and she'd sleep anywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    I honestly think im the laziest mum ever... if I can find a way to do things easier I will... for instance DD won't sleep for longer than 30-40 minutes during the day in cot so as we speak she is swaddled with 1 arm out in her rocker if it works I say do it
    Like I said if I have to keep swaddling DD till she is 1 I will lol

)
    I'd call that smart parenting rather than lazy! :-D

Thanks for all the encouragement on my deswaddling journey. It helps to have support out there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd call that smart parenting rather than lazy! :-D

Thanks for all the encouragement on my deswaddling journey. It helps to have support out there.
    Hahaha thanks we've gotta do what we've gotta do to maintain some sort of sanity!

Thats what we're here for and the same back to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    All I can say is with this heat, thank god ltd make a 'lite' swaddle. Poor bub. I like these better though as I feel like they have us moving in the right direction as they are thin and super stretchy. Won't be such a shock when I start trying the 50/50 again I hope.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (08-12-2014),DizzyDaisy  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And we're back to being fully swaddled! Ahhh well try again in a little while

Thanks
    Reviews
    D'oh @AMC14! Oh well, better to have her fully swaddled and sleeping well!

We're still swaddle free and struggling. I'm going to give it until Monday but if she's still waking 5+ times a night then she's going back in her swaddle too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    D'oh @AMC14! Oh well, better to have her fully swaddled and sleeping well!

We're still swaddle free and struggling. I'm going to give it until Monday but if she's still waking 5+ times a night then she's going back in her swaddle too.
    You've got more perseverance than me!! I totally agree fully swaddled = sleep! Im going back to work a couple of days a week so I need her to sleep

I don't know how you do the 5+ times a night.. id have given up! Great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Welp. I won't be bothering with the 50/50 for a while. We've officially hit the 8 month sleep regression and he is having a terrible time settling. Normally it 10 minutes for naps and 1/2 hour at bedtime. Now it's at least 1/2 hour for naps and at least an hour at bedtime. He is having trouble staying asleep at night too. Hope this doesn't last long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Whatever works go with it I say....
    I tried to go back to work tonight.. my poor baby girl did not cope at all.. finally got her settled all wrapped up

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HeavenBlue If swaddling helps definitely stick with it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the regression is short lived.
    @AMC14 that must have been so hard for your first night back working. I'm glad she's settled now.

I'm so close to giving up my deswaddling efforts. Dd slept terribly again last night and has been an exhausted misery guts all day. The only thing stopping me is I feel like all my effort up to this point will have been wasted if I do. 😞