+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good question! I use the love to dream and I'm hoping to just transition to the 50/50 one when she's older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is 5.5 months no sign of rolling yet but I was stressing about the summer heat. We just used the 50/50 to transition out of LTD swaddle about 3 weeks ago.
    She was used to sleeping bag over LTD swaddle so we went cold turkey for day sleeps - had a few days of resettling, short naps etc. Did one arm out at night for 3 nights, then both arms out for 3 nights, then got rid of it altogether.
    I found she flapped her arms around a lot so I gave her a flannel to hold - took about a week but now she rubs the flannel on her face & drifts off to sleep. I actually think she sleeps better out of the swaddle!
    So it was about a week of slightly unsettled sleep, but back on track now. Not nearly as bad as I was dreading!
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    DD is 5.5 months no sign of rolling yet but I was stressing about the summer heat. We just used the 50/50 to transition out of LTD swaddle about 3 weeks ago.
    She was used to sleeping bag over LTD swaddle so we went cold turkey for day sleeps - had a few days of resettling, short naps etc. Did one arm out at night for 3 nights, then both arms out for 3 nights, then got rid of it altogether.
    I found she flapped her arms around a lot so I gave her a flannel to hold - took about a week but now she rubs the flannel on her face & drifts off to sleep. I actually think she sleeps better out of the swaddle!
    So it was about a week of slightly unsettled sleep, but back on track now. Not nearly as bad as I was dreading!
    Good luck!
    I'm going to start both arms out today for the next nap and see how we go.. She seems to be sleeping better with 1 arm out... I also gave DD a snuggly thing to hold and she rubs it on her face.. Thats one of our tired cues at the moment, if she starts looking for it, its definatley bed time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    Good luck!
    I love the idea of something to snuggle. I think I'll try that for dd too. 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    I'm going to start both arms out today for the next nap and see how we go.. She seems to be sleeping better with 1 arm out... I also gave DD a snuggly thing to hold and she rubs it on her face.. Thats one of our tired cues at the moment, if she starts looking for it, its definatley bed time
    Good luck @AMC14. Let us know how she goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Good luck @AMC14. Let us know how she goes.
    Thanks! Same with you and your DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes AMC DD does the same thing she starts rubbing toys or whatever she can get her hands on her face so I know it's time for bed!
    They are such funny little creatures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So we tried the 2 arms out.... no good.. so ill be sticking to 1 arm out for a while longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    So we tried the 2 arms out.... no good.. so ill be sticking to 1 arm out for a while longer
    That's a shame. Good idea going back to just one arm out. Maybe try again in a week or so? Out of interest, do you alternate which arm you leave out or just stick with the same one?

Our second swaddle free night was really rough. She woke 8 times! Thank goodness DH was home today to help look after her. I'm exhausted but sticking with it for now. 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Out of habit I've just been doing the same arm, when DP puts her down he does the opposite.. I think I will start alternating though.
    I just went and checked on her and she has completely wriggled out..
    Ohhhh wow 8 times!! I bet you are exhausted! Hopefully you have a better night tonight