+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default SOS - can you tell me a routine?

Hi, I can't find my book and think I need to be on a different routine to what I am currently doing. Think I am still on a 6.5 mth one.

If you have the book handy can you upload a pic of the routine overview for a 7.5 mth old baby?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have never had a routine for anything, for any child, for any situation. im surprised there are books about this ?? I am seriously surprised. marie

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SOS - can you tell me a routine?

Thanks @Curby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    I have never had a routine for anything, for any child, for any situation. im surprised there are books about this ?? I am seriously surprised. marie
    I just want you to know that I am really struggling at the moment with a baby who won't sleep day or night and a toddler who is pushing every single boundary I set.

I am happy for you that you never needed any routine ever for any child. There have been a million posts and debates on BH about baby routines and the different methods / books that are popular - not sure how you missed them all.

But you post made me feel like complete cr*p and that you are suggesting you are a better mother than me because you didn't need help (ever!) and I do.

I hope you didn't mean to offend and it is just my sleep deprivation making me sensitive. I just dont see the point of getting involved with this thread....

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-12-2014),Albert01  (05-12-2014),babyblu11  (05-12-2014),GM01  (05-12-2014),mummymaybe  (05-12-2014),New Hope  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im a routine mum... I love routines my kids thrive on them... I am interested in the SOS routine for my DD. Since she was so sick and her hospital stay she is so out of routine Im hoping implementing a new one will work... just have to buy the book

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bedlover you are currently doing the hardest job in the world! Good work to you for finding a way to keep you and your littles happy and healthy. Routine works for my family too.
    This idea that there are 'baby-led' mums OR routine mums (& that routine= bad) is ridiculous to me. My son and my whole family thrives when we can all predict what is coming next. I find keeping to a routine hard at times so I can tell you that having him on a routine is absolutely for him and all about him. It is led by him! Baby-led!!!
    When we are struggling, it is easy to be very sensitive to the things people say and do. At times like this it feels so great to be surrounded by people who are like minded in their parenting style. I am part of a SOS Facebook group of about 70 mums in my area- if you can find a group like this they could be an invaluable support to you at this time.
    I have currently lent my book out to someone so can't help with your request but I hope you have got what you need from the pp.
    Good luck and stay strong! Xxx

Oh and for anyone to say they have never had a routine for anything, ever..... HA..... You don't sleep at night and stay awake in the day? You don't have breakfast in the morning, lunch in the middle of the day and dinner in the evening??? That is a routine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    @bedlover you are currently doing the hardest job in the world!
    Thanks! It certainly feels like the hardest job in the world at the moment! 1 hour settling for 15 mins sleep is just torture...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I expected better from you super granny, your post has completely shocked me. In a perfect world we would all just take our babies everywhere, anywhere, at any time and have them sleep well, but for many that's not a reality.

OP, I hope you find a schedule that works well for your bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I expected better from you super granny, your post has completely shocked me. In a perfect world we would all just take our babies everywhere, anywhere, at any time and have them sleep well, but for many that's not a reality.

OP, I hope you find a schedule that works well for your bub.
    I imagine that when SuperGranny had her babies, Tizzie Hall was in nappies herself.

I really don't think she meant any offense.

My mum is of a similar vintage to SuperGranny and she finds the notion of routine books etc... quite perplexing. Not because she thinks she was a perfect mother with a perfect child, just because it wasn't a thing in their mothering time.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (05-12-2014),SuperGranny  (05-12-2014)