+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fake lawn

Does anyone have fake grass?? Can you tell me how you like it.. Any cons? We are thinking of getting it.. Hoping will save time and money and stop the snail migration that happens every night to our garden..

So if anyone has anything to say please tell me! Getting quote soon so hope it's not too expensive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've had it for about 5 years. I can't tell you where we got it from as I can't remember but I can say that we didn't opt for the cheapest version and it was done very well.

5 years later and it's still as green as the day it was laid. It makes the yard look great, it's not a very big yard mind you. The only negative is that it's not as soft as real grass but everything else is great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I've gotten a few quotes, it's usually $50-60 per square metre installed from memory. We're hopefully getting our front yard done up soon, it's disgusting the way it is!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    we got our verge done ... and its awesome. Love it.

We were the same as @Naboo - didnt get the cheapest as it can look nasty if its done badly. It was fairly expensive.

The downside for a play area is that its not soft. Its VERY hard .... they compact the ground with road base so for playing, its like playing on bricks.

All the same - its fantastic. No mowing, no snails, no weeds or other stuff, always looks great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's everyone. We now have our quote tomorrow.. I'm worried it's going to be thousands.. I just want to start saving on water!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I looked into fake grass, we didn't end up getting it but another thing that came up in reviews was that it can get very hot. I think it's something that works well for an area you won't actually be using much as it's minimal upkeep and will always look good, but the fact that it was hard and could get really hot made it unsuitable for us as I wanted DD to be able to play on the grass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mama m. We are planning on doing real grass in the back area for playing on bit the front fake as we probably wouldn't play there as much..

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got ours about 5 months ago and we love it!!!!!!! It was expensive but my parents were able to help out thankfully

No more patchy dirt grass, the kids can just run out of the house without me having to weed hunt every afternoon

I'll try and find the before & after pic

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just be aware of the heat. Real turf/earth absorbs heat, synthetic grass reflects it.
    Recent tests of different bowling greens on a hot day showed the real turf had a surface temperature of 35 degrees whereas the synthetic surface had a surface temp of 70 degrees.