+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gastro/food poisoning

Which ever one I have I feel so so incredibly sick. I can't keep anything in. Feel like im going to puke all the time! Im breastfeeding to, when can you tell if you are getting dehydrayed? I think I will send DH to the chemist to get me those icy poles. I can't seem to get warm either!
    This is torture

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had gastro when breastfeeding - horrible!!! All you want to do is curl up in a ball but then you have to feed.

I would definitely get your DH to grab some hydrolyte stuff - I found sipping the liquid better for me - I could only handle small amounts at a time.

If you still can't keep anything down or in, I would see if you can get to a GP.

Best wishes!!

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Urgh you poor thing! If you haven't been able to keep anything down for more than 48 hours I would be going to the gp to get some anti-emetics (maxalon, zofran) because you need to be hydrated to keep producing lots of milk. Hopefully you are on the mend ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh hon, I have had gastro two times when breastfeeding and it is cruel!

If you're breastfeeding, it is safe to assume that you will be dehydrated, so please try and get lots of water into you, even if all you can manage is little sips.

Hydrolite, Gastrolyte, any of those are good if you have any, as they will replace any of the electrolytes and help you feel a bit better.

If it is actual gastro, be careful about taking anything to 'stop' it by way of medication because you want to expel all those nasties/germs form your system, so best not to take anything if you can, but stay as hydrated as you possibly can as you don't want to get dehydrated and have your milk production affected etc.

Feel better soon and hope it's short lived for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be up at the ED getting IV fluids and Maxalon and you will feel like a new woman. Cause you are breastfeeding it will take you longer to recover as you have fluid going out. My regional hospital always hook up mums for fluid as we keep the house and baby running and need ourselves better as quick as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My supply dropped when I had gastro while breastfeeding. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I've managed to keep two hydralyte icy poles down and in. I feel like death. Hubby stayed home to help look after the two kids. Gahhh I absolutely hate fewling like this. I'm scared to eat and drink

Thanks
    Reviews
    Activated charcoal is handy to have for food poising/gastro. If ever I get an upset tummy from eating out I take some charcoal and it works instantly.
    Hope you feel better soon. I had food
    poisoning while breastfeeding and I ended up giving DD to mum overnight and I expressed to relieve the pressure and keep supply up.