+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Severe morning sickness...

I am 7+2 and my morning sickness is relentless - day and night. I have been taking maxalon since Tuesday and it doesn't really seem to work. I'm drinking special tea, eating salada during the night and when I get up. I have no option but to work because it's a new business. It is wearing me down to the point of tears and I'm very worried it's not going to end

I'm not actually vomiting (I have a couple of times only) but the dizziness, nausea and being on the edge of feeling like I will vomit is debilitating.

Are there any other treatments I can request from my ob? Or anything that has worked for relentless nausea for others?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I hear the sea sickness/ morning sickness band has helped some people. I only read it in a thread here on BH. I didn't even know about them when I was pregnant.

It so awful, I feel for ya.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

babyla  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm going to call up for some acupuncture today and I'll grab one if those bands too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing, all day sickness is debilitating :-(

Zofran might work for you, it is more for vomiting (it's routinely used by chemo patients) and is pretty expensive too. My 3rd pg I took Zofran and it worked for my nausea. Might be worth asking for a try of it...

Some other things that I saw a few improvements with are: fruit tingles, sea sickness bands, mineral water or lemonade, getting enough rest (that one is hard), and having little snacks on hand all the time. I would find I felt sicker when hunger set in.

I hope you start to feel better soon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

babyla  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I'll speak to my ob about it. I tried fruit tingles but I just ate too many and made myself feel worse but I am finding mineral water ok so I'll keep that up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Babyla!

Firstly congratulations!! Secondly I was exactly the same, I'm six months pregnant at the moment and like the first time round I have been sick constantly until week 22, then maybe once or twice a week since then and it's dreadful especially when you have to work...

This time round I was given maxalon, but found it made me a little anxious and was making my all day nausea worst, so they put me on zofran. It is expensive, but I found it worked much better for me and made all sickness symptoms ease.

I also found eating small constant meals worked, I wore the acupressure bands and strangely enough a2 milk has also been my saviour!!

Hope you get something to ease the nausea, I know exactly how you feel.xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

babyla  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vitamin B6 can help too and you can also get ginger tablets

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eilonwy For This Useful Post:

babyla  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    B6 and ginger do help some people so def give them a try, but they just gave me heartburn the made me even worse

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

babyla  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I was having salada but changed to milk arrowroot as i was told the salt can make you feel worse. The change worked for me! I was perscribed zofran at 10 weeks that also worked a treat. Maxalon made me so much worse. Good luck, i hope it passes for you soon

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

babyla  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone - I just had a phone consult with my ob and he is putting me on zofran. Fingers crossed this is the ticket!