+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    One I guess - we don't drive around attending different events on Christmas Day, we either spend it at home (just the four of us), at my parents' or at my ILs. The idea of going to different family events for Christmas is quite foreign to me because growing up we didn't leave near my grandparents and now DH and I don't live near our families.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We do brekky just us. Then lunch with my parents and that's it!!

DHs parents don't celebrate Christmas at all but still have the nerve to ask if they can see us and the kids on Christmas Day, not to celebrate it!! Just to see the kids. They used to get really huffy about it but I don't care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Since our kids have started to understand santa, we only have christmas at our house. My in laws live overseas so that's not an issue. My mum and dad live 1.5 hours away but they're old and my mum is in a wheelchair so they don't really come down. We do go to them on Boxing Day. My brother in law normally comes over if he's not working. My brothers and sisters live all over australia. It's been 20 years since we've had christmas with all my brothers and sisters and their kids.

I enjoy christmas day with just us and no rushing around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I hosted Xmas last year inlaws decided not to come that's there choice now I'm meant to goto my Dhs grandparents this year. My psychologist thinks I shouldn't go but I feel guilty 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Xmss day at my parents this year and extended relos will be there. Seeing mil, fil and sil for lunch the sunday b4 xmas. Next yr will be the opposite. Alternate each year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Every second year we travel to country Victoria to spend Xmas with the in laws. We are usually there for 4-6 days. The ILs do a immediate family lunch on Xmas day and then an extended Boxing Day lunch. The other year we are here in bris and do Xmas eve dinner with just my parents. Midnight mass and then late supper with the immediate family. Then Xmas day dinner with a large family party of friends, family and randoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One year we had: morning with my mum and siblings, drop in at my dads, drop in at the inlaws, lunch with mum's inlaws and a catch up with my dads extended family. There can be up to 6 different family groups we have to see. There have been a couple of xmas's we have gone away (like this year) so it will only be xmas day with one family group andearly xmas lunch (2 weeks before) with IL's. Hate travelling around to see everyone. Next year we're staying put hopefully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually we would go to my mothers in the morning for brunch and inlaws for dinner.

This year-
    Since I'm no longer on talking terms with inlaws I'm staying away and keeping DD home. If they want to make an effort and celebrate Christmas with us, then they are more than welcome over but I doubt we will see them Christmas Day.

Next year we don't plan on doing anything either- actually thinking we are better off going on our holiday this time next year to avoid the drama! I love Christmas, but hate the way my inlaws act!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    None.

My kids will wake up here Christmas morning and then go to my ex's for the day. My partner, baby and myself will just potter around.

Awesome times had by all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We see three different lots of families on xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day, then we have xmas with a friend somewhere between xmas and nye every year as well. Our traditions have changed over the years to accommodate growing families.