+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have worked the last couple of christmas's and this year is no exception as i will have to work again.
    Havent really had a proper christmas with family for a long time. This year my dad doesnt want to look after kiddo for me while i work so looks like he will be spending the day with me at work and its our busiest day there with all the families that show up. Atm i wont get christmas off til 2016 when its on a weekend but looking at changing my roster so that doesnt look possible atm for me.

Hopefully things will change when my BF moves up next year and we can make christmas even more special for kiddo than what it really is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When i was younger i had:
    Brekky with Mum
    Brunch with stepmums family
    Lunch/arvo with fathers side of the family
    Dinner with my BFs family

I was a product of a very broken home lol. I got sick of chasing everybody around and never getting to relax myself so now most of the time i boycott it all and spend a nice relaxing day at home and then catch up with whoever later on 😋 My DF family is interstate and also has two families. If we constantly chased after everyone it would be a nightmare for is and ruin our holidays. This year i think it will just be myself and Mum at my place.

This will all change of course when there is young children in the family. For now, the youngest is 13 and doesnt really give a rats about Xmas so theres no 'magic' in it anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We usually go to my mum's first for breakfast or lunch, then the in-laws for dinner. This year we are hosting Christmas for DHs family so we're skipping going to my mum's and inviting her to dinner too. Will be nice to finally have a Christmas where we don't have to leave the house!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If we are at home, just the one because we are interstate from our families. If we fly back to QLD, usually just something with my family, and Then we go see DHs family Boxing Day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I've lived away from my family since I was 18 and been with DH since I was that age so early on, I would go home to my family and he'd go to his.

Later we began to alternate but once we moved to the farm and town where his parents lived, we tended to travel to my home town because my Gran was too sick to travel and we saw his family every other day.

The last few years, we've either stayed home on the farm and had my parents come to visit and had lunch with them and my IL's. Otherwise we have Christmas morning at home them get everyone in the car and drive three hours to have lunch with my parents and brother, SIL and their kids and then we have the evening meal with DH's side.

This year, well I'll tell you after my surgery on Saturday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have Christmas Eve dinner at my sister and brother in laws house with my family, Christmas morning at our house just us this year, lunch and spend the day at hubbys mums where his dad also goes then dinner at my parents house. Boxing Day we pack up and go camping for 10days every year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We only have one function to go to - Xmas day at my parents house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My side: extended mum's fam Xmas lunch one sun in dec, extended dad's side nothing (only one other family member overseas) and Xmas lunch either Xmas day or Boxing Day alternating years

Husband's side: extended mum's fam Xmas lunch one sun in dec, extended dad's side nothing (family doesn't get together) and Xmas lunch either Xmas day or Boxing Day alternating years

So that is 4 things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 5 family functions - 2 extended families have dinner sometime in the days leading up to xmas, 2 families (dh & mine) xmas day & 1 extended family boxing day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We do 2 on christmas day. One for my side, one for his. It alternates every year over where we go for lunch or dinner