+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We do Christmas morning breakfast at my grandparents house and have done so since I was born.
    Christmas lunch is at our house with my family. Dinner is at our house with who ever is around.
    Boxing day morning we drive 2 hours to my inlaws and do another Christmas with them.
    We used to drive to my ILs xmas day after lunch but its too much for the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My family celebrates Christmas Eve so we have a big dinner at my parent's house on Christmas Eve. Then we head off on Christmas Day to one of the in-laws (alternating years between the FIL and MIL; they're bitterly divorced so we can't really do things together). And all of that is assuming we're all in the same city at the same time, of course.

Then we also have separate dinners or lunches during December for DH and his siblings. DH's family is spread out all over the east coast so we have to do a fair bit of improvisation to see everyone at least once during the holiday season!

Then on Boxing Day my sister and I hit the shops. Now that's an important tradition.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (04-12-2014)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    There was only one year we did Christmas lunch & dinner...never doing that again as we had to drive all over the city!

Since then the weekend before we spend with dh's family and Christmas day with mine. We can't do Christmas Eve as its my mum's birthday.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Normally a lot of running around between split families. This year though I'm having my mum over for dinner xmas day then going to one other family members house for lunch boxing day. That's enough for me this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up till this year, we have spent xmas eve with one side, then driven 4hrs on xmas day to the other. This year we are staying home & people are coming to us. Even though I'll be preparing a big lunch just the thought of no driving across the state makes me happy!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did xmas eve and xmas day morning with my mum and sibs (santa presents got opened before lunch), then drove 1h30 to inlaws for lunch and Boxing Day.

Now we live on the other side of the world to them lol so it will be xmas day just our little family and then my step mum is coming over on Boxing Day for lunch. So much easier now! Will also be skyping both sets of parents - my mum xmas morn and the inlaws on xmas night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Xmas lunch with my husband's extended family on his mum's side and then Xmas dinner with my parents and their friends (we have no extended family here, so these friends are like family to us). It's an hour drive each way though, so I'm well and truly exhausted at the end of the day.

We used to do a Boxing Day visit to hubby's dad's side of the family, but hubby and siblings aren't really that close to them, so that seems to have tapered off in the past couple of years.

I would love to have our own Xmas day traditions at home now that we have a child (and another soon on the way), but I honestly can't see it happening any time soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    This year we're staying overnight at my mums house Xmas eve and breakfast with mum, then leaving at 11am to go to my dads house (1.5 hour drive) to spend the rest of xmas day with my dad, stepmum and all my family from Newcastle.

Boxing day we're going to my dads in the morning and then back to our own house where my newcastle family are coming to stay.

On a usual year though we do Xmas day with my mum and Boxing Day with my Dad. We dont have contact with DH's parents at all. (His choice not mine (

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Xmas day with my family, boxing day with dh's family thats it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Christmas morning with the in-laws the home to nap the kids at mid day. Late lunch/dinner with my mum, step dad, sister and her family.

My dad moved here last week so will probably do a Christmas lunch with him on boxing day. I'm tired just thinking about it!