Closed Thread
Page 66 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    LT I thought I'd share my 3m vs 6m pics Attachment 68695Attachment 68696
    She's so big!...and gorgeous. She doesn't look 'too thin' at all considering she drinks on the lighter side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yea her face and legs hold the fat. Her stomach I can see the lack of weight though. I know each week if it's a decent gain or not as her ribs stand out a lot if it's a small gain (30g in 2 weeks).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (30-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just for interests sake...3 more sleeps!

We had a scan friday, bubs is looking to be massive. Im now expecting close to 11lbs. I know they can be a bit off, but still...im expecting a big bub.

I had an overnight stay friday in delivery too. Those beds are soooo bloody uncomfortable! My god!!
    I started getting BH, some were quite strong and a bit painful around 12.30pm, and some lower back pain also... they were still coming around 7pm (varying between 7-13mins) so i called mum...she said maybe call the hospital.
    I called them, and being 100kms away they asked me to go to our local and get checked out. I had a mild one, and a few tightenings but they seemed to fizz out.

However, the OBs figured because id got to 6cm with DS, and 2nd labours usually progress faster, they thought id be safer to be monitored overnight than stay at home, possibly go into labour and then still have to travel overnight. sooo...we headed over there, they started again while we were packing, DF was a crazy nutcase stressing out... We made it across, left DS at mums and headed up... they put us in one of the delivery rooms... DF stayed till i was settled then went to be with DS at mums... Overnight i had a couple but nothing painful, no back pain....and nothing eventuated.

They got me walking around and i was getting tightenings, but no pain, so they concluded it was most likely just some bad BH and i was fine and sent me on my way.

With the new info on bubs size ontop of our other things going against us, the head OB advised against a VBAC...so im under instructions to avoid anything that may bring on labour - no walking on stairs, resting up, no sex, no curries etc etc etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Just for interests sake...3 more sleeps!

We had a scan friday, bubs is looking to be massive. Im now expecting close to 11lbs. I know they can be a bit off, but still...im expecting a big bub.

I had an overnight stay friday in delivery too. Those beds are soooo bloody uncomfortable! My god!!
    I started getting BH, some were quite strong and a bit painful around 12.30pm, and some lower back pain also... they were still coming around 7pm (varying between 7-13mins) so i called mum...she said maybe call the hospital.
    I called them, and being 100kms away they asked me to go to our local and get checked out. I had a mild one, and a few tightenings but they seemed to fizz out.

However, the OBs figured because id got to 6cm with DS, and 2nd labours usually progress faster, they thought id be safer to be monitored overnight than stay at home, possibly go into labour and then still have to travel overnight. sooo...we headed over there, they started again while we were packing, DF was a crazy nutcase stressing out... We made it across, left DS at mums and headed up... they put us in one of the delivery rooms... DF stayed till i was settled then went to be with DS at mums... Overnight i had a couple but nothing painful, no back pain....and nothing eventuated.

They got me walking around and i was getting tightenings, but no pain, so they concluded it was most likely just some bad BH and i was fine and sent me on my way.

With the new info on bubs size ontop of our other things going against us, the head OB advised against a VBAC...so im under instructions to avoid anything that may bring on labour - no walking on stairs, resting up, no sex, no curries etc etc etc.

Okay, let's start looking at the positives of a c-section:
    I've heard planned c-sections (and seen women afterwards) can be a lot gentler on the body than an emergency one with women being able to easily walk/move around and the incision being smaller.
    Your pelvic floor won't be blown to smithereens!

No tears, rips or 3rd degree tears

You won't have your v-jay-jay hanging out for all to see for hours on end

I'm sure I'll think of more...just give me time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (30-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shadow your planned csection should be nice and calm mine was and I was glad I went down that route with a breech bub rather than risk bad tearing and a worse recovery. I took in a receiving blanket for DS that I had slept with so he could wrapped in my smell post delivery. Highly recommend just incase you a separated for too long.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (30-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Planned c section is much better idea shadow, I'm sorry you don't get the vbac you were after but a healthy baby and safer birth route is always good.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Sounds like prelabour Shadow. Lucky not long to wait now! Yes I've heard planned cs can be great and relaxing.

Sorry LT but apparently most of the pelvic floor weakness etc occurs due to pregnancy rather than child birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Sounds like prelabour Shadow. Lucky not long to wait now! Yes I've heard planned cs can be great and relaxing.

Sorry LT but apparently most of the pelvic floor weakness etc occurs due to pregnancy rather than child birth.
    Well, in that case, Shadow should be good for a couple more then

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (30-03-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Actually I think my pelvic floor is better now than before pregnancy. How is that even possible??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Actually I think my pelvic floor is better now than before pregnancy. How is that even possible??
    Because you heard that if you don't work on it post baby that you would eternally be wetting yourself?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (30-03-2015)