Closed Thread
Page 63 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Ah see all I have heard is not to give cows milk as a drink before one (but ok in cooking & cereal etc). As far as I know two milk drinks a day from 12 months is enough, whether thats bm, formula or cows milk. At least thats what the mchn said. And we all know what they can be like haha! Ra ra still feeds 4 times a day but once he drops his midday feed I won't be replacing it with other milk if he is still having 2 bf a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Ive never heard that before. Ling has been on 2-3 cups of cows milk for a month, since he weaned at 11 months. Our CHN wasn't fazed. He needs calcium from somewhere.
    Wow I thought it was common knowledge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    They recommend at some stage around 11 to slowly wean onto cows milk and stop formula. It's fine to have cows milk before 1 just as long as they are still getting formula or bm (700- 900mls) a day. I think it's just honey that shouldn't be given at all before 1.
    I think formula should be used though if a bub isn't wanting lots of cheese, yoghurt, meats etc etc
    Maybe its a weaning off formula thing? That would be why i've never heard it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the "no milk before 1" knowledge in my head but no idea where it came from, just like a "general knowledge" thing like adorned said. Likely that's a very general advice though, and when bubs is getting enough nutrients elsewhere then it's fine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Adorned i think its just high bp. i had it from 24wks with mr k and needed medication to control it till birth. I'm glad i got to 37+3 this time as its been a concern all along. P

with the formula/cows milk i had heard not as a drink before 1. cooking etc is ok. with mr k i waited till he was 1 (didn't want him to growup ) wedl done 1/4 cows milk and 3/4 formula for a week. then 1/2 and 1/2 for a week. then used the rest of the tin of formula at 1/4 formula and 3/4 cows milk. it was about 10 days.... then 100% Cows milk.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Adorned i think its just high bp. i had it from 24wks with mr k and needed medication to control it till birth. I'm glad i got to 37+3 this time as its been a concern all along. P

with the formula/cows milk i had heard not as a drink before 1. cooking etc is ok. with mr k i waited till he was 1 (didn't want him to growup ) wedl done 1/4 cows milk and 3/4 formula for a week. then 1/2 and 1/2 for a week. then used the rest of the tin of formula at 1/4 formula and 3/4 cows milk. it was about 10 days.... then 100% Cows milk.
    Thats great you made it so far! How are the vbac plans? Can you believe you will have a newbie so soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    VBAC is meh atm. My csect has been moved to 1st April - 1 WEEK!!!! the OB ive seen recently is not supportive of it at all. Tomorrow I see the head OB so hopefully he is a bit more supportive. He was last time i seen him.

The one ive been seeing has basically told me i have a 5% chance with my BMI, bubs size, and suspected GD - based on excess fluid levels at my 34wk scan and my BMI with a bigger measuring bub.

i found out at the last appointment, my 2hr result failed, it was above the newer testing levels, but within the old ones - yet was told i didnt have GD, but maybe i do based on the new theory?!

She has been saying if i go into labour and turn up a fair way in (8cm) They will let me be and attempt a VBAC, but if i turn up at 3cm, or early they will just send me for a csect.

I must say im not overly excited about that option being taken from me if i go spontaneously, but then.....Im pretty sure it would be difficult to give a labouring mother a Csect if they didnt want one, so im not worried.

They dont know about my High BP yet as far as im aware, but will obviously know tomorrow....so i guess we will discuss it then. I imagine ill be doing another urine sample (Gp didnt do one which i found weird) but i havent got any PE symptoms so hoping its ok)

Im just trying to bring on labour as naturally as possible. Lots of ball bouncing and mummy/daddy time .

I sent all my labour and hospital bags, and the dogs, across today to stay at mums house, so when things happen i just need to grab the last few things if i happen to go spontaneously (purse, phone, maternity record book, phone charger etc) and if not, its less to pack when i actually DO go in to have him. Also, if they decide to keep me in (they have kept mums in for high bp in past- a friend being one of them - at least everything is there and doesnt require a 200km round trip because we thought we'd be ok.) Ill have a bag packed for DF and DS in the car tomorrow too - JUST incase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I have heard the advice of no milk as a drink before one but I like everything I think it is a guide so you don't switch from formula to milk at 6 months to save money or switch too early. He's still having one good breastfeed a day so I'm not concerned. Like everything in parenting I think you have to just go with babies lead and what works in that situation. He doesn't drink a lot of milk and it isn't making him sick or disinterested in solids so I just see it as him getting extra calcium and at least I know he'll take it as a drink of and when he or I decide to wean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Bad mumma moment. So possum usually gags on her losec, no biggie.

This morning I was running late for work and thought she had finished gagging. Carried her over my arm while going to put it back in the fridge. She proceeded to vomit twice. I grabbed a dirty towel and wiped it using my feet. Then dropped her off to childcare..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shadow why don't you try and do what I did and arrive at hospital at 10cm. lol

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (25-03-2015),Mamasupial  (25-03-2015),MrsTugs  (26-03-2015),shadowangel0205  (25-03-2015)