Closed Thread
Page 44 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stupid opinionated woman thats disgusting

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate that it has to be so ****ing hard to have a vbac. Why does it have to be a battle?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumma K For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The attitudes towards vbacs is generally disgusting! I was already told I'll need to be monitored, but unless they have wireless monitoring I am not letting them strap me down to a bed! I'll be staying home for as long as possible. Grrrrr stupid health professionals

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (06-03-2015),Mamasupial  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good on you heids!!

Well... i have someone else in my corner I had an appointment with the lactaction consultant, after my feeding issues with DS last time i wanted to get a plan in place, and some recent info, and hash it out with someone qualified...

She is getting the head OB (who ive seen before and is VERY Pro VBAC - the one who asked me why i bothered to schedule a Csect at 39+6 if i wanted a VBAC, that i should cancel it) to review my case, and hopefully swapping my appointments to him. Ill know more tuesday when she has spoken to him and called me back. Feeling heaps more positive

Have the go-ahead to start hand expressing colostrum into syringes a couple of times a day...and a few things to do before hand, like write up a Breast feeding plan - which ive found on the ABA website - and a few things like call her ASAP, demand skin to skin, ON the theatre table if its a csect etc etc

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (06-03-2015),Heids89  (06-03-2015),Little Ted  (07-03-2015),Mamasupial  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask a silly question...
    What is the actually concern with a vbac?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Basically theres about a 0.5% increased risk of uterine rupture due to scar tissue with a VBAC (as compared with a first time mum attempting a vaginal birth)

In my case, they are concerned with my higher BMI, and bubs big size....that it may not be successful anyway (higher BMI reduces the success rate, then also the larger baby is supposidly supposed to reduce the success rate again also) ...and then require an emergency csect anyway....

Then theres the mad rush of if you havent already got an Epi in, that it wastes extra time etc. Some hospitals require a cannula in this case, so they can just give you a GA instead.

The moo cow OB on Wednesday suggested i have about a 5% chance of success at a VBAC. However, she doesnt seem very VBAC friendly.......

AWC, i was hoping to try and avoid an epi until the end if needed. I Think it contributed to my labour with DS stalling.

MWs werent able to find my cervix, let alone tell if i was progressing...

Then they found it and i was 3cm after sitting on the loo for about 90mins. Everytime i stood up id get a contraction so id sit down, and be pain free.

They had me on the bed to check me, and due to not having slept in over 30hrs at that point, i started on the gas...it was working but i kept falling asleep, sitting on the edge of the bed, sucking on it...would come to with headspins and wasnt using it successfully. Im sure if i had of actually been properly conscious of what i was doing it would have lasted ALOT longer at working for me.

At that stage, mum and DF talked and asked if i wanted an Epi... i was so tired i said yes...so we got one. It took almost 12hrs then to go another 3cm....

So just basing it on IF id stayed on the toilet or something like a birthing stool, gym ball, standing etc and letting gravity do the work, im sure i could have progressed ALOT faster than i did laying on my back fighting gravity with the epi...
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 06-03-2015 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Could be onto something there with the gravity thing. I knelt on the floor leaning on s ball in the shower til I was 8cms. I then got sick and really dizzy and had to lie down. I think Gravity is a woman's friend in labour.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I spent the first 8 hours of labour on my feet and the next 4 in the birth pool...so I certainly was upright until the very end.

That LC sounds great Shadow! Fx she can organise something for you with the OB. And expressing sounds like a good idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was walking back and forth for ds's entire labor. I hoped on the bed to have my waters broken and stayed to push her out.
    Gravity is the best!

Very excited for you shadow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stood the whole 5 hours

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (07-03-2015)