+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had exactly the same thing however my DS tongue tie wasn't found and snipped till 12 weeks! Whilst there was a noticeable change in feeding straight away it took a good few weeks till he was feeding well still not perfect but a lot less painful now!

I am on the same tablets for my milk supply and once he was able to feed better my supply picked up, again still not perfect but better. I have never been able to express much at all even using the hospital grade pumps.

Also try nipple shields I know they are not liked by many but they let everything heal so quickly, I wouldn't have been able to continue with out them.

Good luck

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emeraldsandsiamonds For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A gain is a gain. A lot of IBCLCs will tell you that weekly weighs give an inaccurate picture of weight gain any way, monthly is a better way to look at it I think. If you are thinking of topping up with formula, definitely look into a SNS so it won't impact your supply which sounds like it's really coming along. Don't lose heart though- 60g is a little gain- but it is a gain. If you weren't making enough, you would have no gain or even a loss. Your bub isn't starving and you are doing everything right xxx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (19-12-2014),olismumma  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    A gain is a gain. A lot of IBCLCs will tell you that weekly weighs give an inaccurate picture of weight gain any way, monthly is a better way to look at it I think. If you are thinking of topping up with formula, definitely look into a SNS so it won't impact your supply which sounds like it's really coming along. Don't lose heart though- 60g is a little gain- but it is a gain. If you weren't making enough, you would have no gain or even a loss. Your bub isn't starving and you are doing everything right xxx
    Thank you @Atropos.
    The lc echoed everything you have just said today. Im feeling a little bit better I just need to build my confidence up.
    Im going to go back to 2 1/2 hrly feeds instead of on demand. My supply is too fragile atm to let him go longer than 3hrs except for overnight.
    Ive also managed another 50mls of ebm today so will stick to topping up with my milk and see if we get a better gain in a couple of weeks time. Jack does have another weigh on monday but im going to try not to focus so much on that one.
    My only concern is that his bm are yellow with slight green now and nappies arent heavy. This next week will be interesting to see what happens.
    Thank you again everyone for all your support x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (19-12-2014)