+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edameny89 View Post
    @olismumma have you tried having a light beer an hour before feeding? The hops in beer is meant to stimulate breast milk. That's what my midwife and ob/gyn told me.
    I dont drink beer but I found brewers yeast today and dh just made me a huge batch.. hoping it works....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Your breasts are never empty- they constantly produce. Take heart! The cluster feeding is a great sign!
    Babies cluster feed for two reasons- one is because they're hungry/fussy/feel like it/want comfort etc but the second is because this is the way they stimulate your supply. Think of it as putting in his order for later. Every suck is sending the signal to your body to produce more.

If you want to keep bf and your baby is having 6-8 nappies a day and doesn't have a sunken fontanelle- try not to introduce formula now. Every feed you do stimulates your supply. Every bottle you give is a feed your body will not make.
    Thank you
    You are seriously helping me more than u know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    Thank you
    You are seriously helping me more than u know!
    So welcome, I received loads of help on here, hope I can pay it forward!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (07-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edameny89 View Post
    @olismumma have you tried having a light beer an hour before feeding? The hops in beer is meant to stimulate breast milk. That's what my midwife and ob/gyn told me.
    The trouble is many women find alcohol inhibits the letdown reflex. Not all, but many. I'd leave this trick for when supply is well established the brewers yeast used in beer can be used in cookies, smoothies or in pill firm for a boost though

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about alcohol-free beer? (Technically ultra-light beer as I think it still has 0.5% alcohol, about the same as many natural juices). Woolworths sell Schlossgold near the cordial section and it tastes like good European beer, much better than the normal watery non-alcoholic beer you can find. That way you're getting the hops without much alcohol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EvilWombatQueen For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Atropos its working out! Jack just had his nurse check up today and is back at birth weight :-)
    They are checking on him again Thursday and he's got another tt snip tomorrow.
    The deep latch vids have been really helpful and even though he can't open wide its definitely helping me.
    Also Thank you to everyone on here for your support and helping me stick it out.
    I will keep you all updated xx

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (09-12-2014),EvilWombatQueen  (08-12-2014),LittleBug'sMum  (08-12-2014),misskittyfantastico  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    That's fantastic news @olliesmumma! I look forward to hearing your updates xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great job mumma!!! X

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    @Atropos its working out! Jack just had his nurse check up today and is back at birth weight :-)
    They are checking on him again Thursday and he's got another tt snip tomorrow.
    The deep latch vids have been really helpful and even though he can't open wide its definitely helping me.
    Also Thank you to everyone on here for your support and helping me stick it out.
    I will keep you all updated xx
    Wonderful news, I'm so happy to read this! Well done, you!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP I'm sorry you're going thru this, it was me with me first... I am 10 weeks in with #2 and it's going really well. One of the things that helped my low supply anxiety was having baby scales at home, I could weigh DD before & after a feed and know how much she had had... Breastmilk is pretty much a 1ml to 1gm ratio so easy to work out how much they have taken (even with sleep deprivation). Once I knew what she was getting I felt so much better :-) maybe that would be good for you? I know it won't suit all personalities.

I ate a lot of lactation cookies to help aswell :-) I'm happy to say I dont have a slow supply issue this time around.

I really hope things improve for you. Hugs

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (16-12-2014)