+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am an absolute mess. I had a massive breakdown today and cannot stop crying.
    Ds had tt snipped yesterday and straight after the appt I went back to lc. She tried to help me latch him so it wouldn't hurt.. but as soon as I left and tried to bf on my own nothing had changed. Dh pleaded with me to go back today after my episode which I did.
    She checked his tt and said it was a posterior one and has to be done again surgically!
    She has been trying to build my confidence and offered to weigh him so I wouldn't stress so much. .. he hasnt put on a gram!
    Ive been feeding 2hrly, pumping in between and topping him up with my measly 10-20mls of ebm and nothing!
    I am seriously on the verge of going crazy. I am trying so hard and my poor baby is missing out.
    I can't stop crying, my poor dd barely gets time with me, Im living off 4hrs broken sleep a night and as of next week dh is back at work and im on my own.
    I have no hope that motillium will work as it didnt first time around. I know he has to be fed but I dont want to finish bf, im not ready.
    I just dont know what to do anymore. Im lost, I dont even know myself anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    I am an absolute mess. I had a massive breakdown today and cannot stop crying.
    Ds had tt snipped yesterday and straight after the appt I went back to lc. She tried to help me latch him so it wouldn't hurt.. but as soon as I left and tried to bf on my own nothing had changed. Dh pleaded with me to go back today after my episode which I did.
    She checked his tt and said it was a posterior one and has to be done again surgically!
    She has been trying to build my confidence and offered to weigh him so I wouldn't stress so much. .. he hasnt put on a gram!
    Ive been feeding 2hrly, pumping in between and topping him up with my measly 10-20mls of ebm and nothing!
    I am seriously on the verge of going crazy. I am trying so hard and my poor baby is missing out.
    I can't stop crying, my poor dd barely gets time with me, Im living off 4hrs broken sleep a night and as of next week dh is back at work and im on my own.
    I have no hope that motillium will work as it didnt first time around. I know he has to be fed but I dont want to finish bf, im not ready.
    I just dont know what to do anymore. Im lost, I dont even know myself anymore
    Oh sweets I can feel the despair and exhaustion I your post so huge hugs to you.

I don't claim to be an expert but my DS2 had a massive posterior TT that was snipped twice (once in the NICU and once in out Paeds office) nothing "surgical" was needed.

I also want to say with the weight gain, please don't think he is missing out. Is he losing weight? Is he having less than 8 good nappies a day?

I know there are so many more up to date, informed breastfeeding mums on the hub (I stopped BFing my last over 12 months ago) I'll try and tag one super knowledgeable woman @Atropos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Oh sweets I can feel the despair and exhaustion I your post so huge hugs to you.

I don't claim to be an expert but my DS2 had a massive posterior TT that was snipped twice (once in the NICU and once in out Paeds office) nothing "surgical" was needed.

I also want to say with the weight gain, please don't think he is missing out. Is he losing weight? Is he having less than 8 good nappies a day?

I know there are so many more up to date, informed breastfeeding mums on the hub (I stopped BFing my last over 12 months ago) I'll try and tag one super knowledgeable woman @Atropos
    Thank you @misskittyfantastico for your reply. . He hasn't lost weight yet and he has about 5+ dirty nappies a day. I thought this was a good sign but I dont know how he isnt gaining.
    Im just so confused. Last week he was feeding well, not falling asleep at the breast constantly and was alert. This week he is barely feeding, im constantly rousing him.
    Then as soon as I think he's done feeding and put him down he wakes. 2 lactation consultants now have told me hes conserving his energy and is exhausted from not being able to feed efficiently.
    Did the posterior tt snip help you with continuing breastfeeding,?
    Im glad its not major like lc told me

Im so tired of everything. I had pnd with dd and am trying so hard but I fee like the dark cloud is back and I hate it. I started off so well :-(
    I would love if @Atropos could help me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

beebs  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need urgent advise from breastfeeders

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this, I have a similar story with my dd, which you can probably find by going through my posts.

Has the LC suggested a supplemental nursing system? It can help stimulate your supply while bub is getting some donor breast milk or formula through a tube while they're on your breast.

Might be worth looking into until you get the tie resolved.

My dd's posterior tt remains to an extent even after snipping and laser, but I managed to bf her till just before she turned 2.

What dose of motillium are you on? I had to take 3x3 tablets daily for it to have any effect.

Try and hang in there, it gets better as they get older and their mouth is bigger and stronger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    Thank you @misskittyfantastico for your reply. . He hasn't lost weight yet and he has about 5+ dirty nappies a day. I thought this was a good sign but I dont know how he isnt gaining.
    Im just so confused. Last week he was feeding well, not falling asleep at the breast constantly and was alert. This week he is barely feeding, im constantly rousing him.
    Then as soon as I think he's done feeding and put him down he wakes. 2 lactation consultants now have told me hes conserving his energy and is exhausted from not being able to feed efficiently.
    Did the posterior tt snip help you with continuing breastfeeding,?
    Im glad its not major like lc told me

Im so tired of everything. I had pnd with dd and am trying so hard but I fee like the dark cloud is back and I hate it. I started off so well :-(
    I would love if @Atropos could help me.
    I'll message her tomorrow and hook you two up.

And yes, the posterior TT snipping did help. We went on to feed until he was two years old.

It's just so hard to know what to do, isn't it? I had an amazing LC that helped me through my bub being a 31 weeker and also having a posterior TT and Lip tie.

I also comped for a while (two or so months) with formula and we still got back to exclusively breastfeeding.

I'll try and talk to Atropos tomorrow and get back to you xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    No advice but massive hugs. My DD failed to latch from day 1 so I was expressing and topping up with formula. At 10 weeks my supply is finally given up on me despite trying everything. Hope you have more success than me. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Olismumma, I was hoping for you that things would be better.
    My DS's TT reattached after it was snipped, so things didn't improve straight away. I made an appointment to go and have it redone, but we couldn't get back in for a few weeks, then by the time the appointment came around he was bf'ing much better, so I have just left it, and now at 10 weeks bf'ing is quite comfortable/ manageable.
    Has the LC talked to you about laser instead if snipping with scissors? My LC told me she would refer me to a place that uses laser if it was a severe tie, but my DS's wasn't severe enough to warrant it.
    Not sure where you are, but I do know of a place in Brisbane if u want to check that out.
    Also I second the supplemental feeding line that PP mentioned.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia81 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this, I have a similar story with my dd, which you can probably find by going through my posts.

Has the LC suggested a supplemental nursing system? It can help stimulate your supply while bub is getting some donor breast milk or formula through a tube while they're on your breast.

Might be worth looking into until you get the tie resolved.

My dd's posterior tt remains to an extent even after snipping and laser, but I managed to bf her till just before she turned 2.

What dose of motillium are you on? I had to take 3x3 tablets daily for it to have any effect.

Try and hang in there, it gets better as they get older and their mouth is bigger and stronger.
    Im on 2 tablets 3 times a day of motillium.
    Lc hasn't mentioned supplemental feeding but I am definitely going to ask now. Is this done with formula or ebm? As I can barely get 20mls when I express.
    Was breastfeeding still painful for you? I hope ds tt stretches

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    Hugs Olismumma, I was hoping for you that things would be better.
    My DS's TT reattached after it was snipped, so things didn't improve straight away. I made an appointment to go and have it redone, but we couldn't get back in for a few weeks, then by the time the appointment came around he was bf'ing much better, so I have just left it, and now at 10 weeks bf'ing is quite comfortable/ manageable.
    Has the LC talked to you about laser instead if snipping with scissors? My LC told me she would refer me to a place that uses laser if it was a severe tie, but my DS's wasn't severe enough to warrant it.
    Not sure where you are, but I do know of a place in Brisbane if u want to check that out.
    Also I second the supplemental feeding line that PP mentioned.
    Thank you. It was snipped on Thursday with scissors but lc said it has to be done deeper?
    Did breastfeeding get easier as his mouth opened more?
    Ds nipple feeds and its killing me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Olismum ds nipple fed for ages & it was so painful! As he got older he did open his mouth more & it just got so much better - suddenly he could latch properly & no pain. For me I just had to wait it out, but shields helped with the pain while I was waiting. Good luck hun!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (06-12-2014)