+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    Just wanted to offer support. DS1 had tongue tie and he shredded my nipples because he was unable to attach properly. I had conflicting advice about it too, and didn't end up getting it snipped because by the time I was made aware his mouth was big enough to get around the problem. Despite his TT, I didn't have any supply issues- I'm not sure if they are necessarily linked.

If you had problems with supply and your DD who had no TT, then the supply issues may not be related to TT at all and may not change at all if you get the TT snipped. Was anything effective with increasing your supply with your DD? As PP have said just try to be skin to skin as much as possible and pump. If bub is only having one side, you could pump on the other while he is feeding.

I had vasospasm with DS2- it cleared up (mostly) once the trauma from my nipples was healed. Nipple trauma definitely exacerbates vasospasm.
    Thank you. Unfortunately nothing helped with increasing my supply first time around so im aware and worried my bf journey will be cut short :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    What the girls said, lots of skin to skin. I would recommend maybe even getting some nipple shields to use just while your breasts are healing, even if you just use them every other feed. Babies with tongue ties tend to fall asleep at the breast because it's hard work for them trying to get milk. You're getting the TT done early so I have hope you can easily get back on track. You're doing the right thing with the Motilium and pumping but skin to skin is absolutely one of the best things you can do for your supply. Just strip both of you off for each feed, it's wonderful for supply!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    What the girls said, lots of skin to skin. I would recommend maybe even getting some nipple shields to use just while your breasts are healing, even if you just use them every other feed. Babies with tongue ties tend to fall asleep at the breast because it's hard work for them trying to get milk. You're getting the TT done early so I have hope you can easily get back on track. You're doing the right thing with the Motilium and pumping but skin to skin is absolutely one of the best things you can do for your supply. Just strip both of you off for each feed, it's wonderful for supply!
    I will definitely ask lc about nipple shields tomorrow, I dont even know how to use them :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    I will definitely ask lc about nipple shields tomorrow, I dont even know how to use them :-/
    Basically they're a plastic shield that goes over the breast and bub sucks out of them. They're not good for learning attachment so some people recommend against them (which is why I said maybe every other feed) but they will give your nipple a chance to heal. I'll grab mine out and take a pic.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS2 had posterior tongue tie and upper lip tie snipped at 4 weeks old. One of my nipples was totally shredded, and still hasn't completely healed at 10 weeks.
    I haven't had any problems with supply - but supply problems are very common with TT. Good that you are getting it treated so soon, hopefully all your problems will resolve soon after.
    There is a TT support group on Facebook, lots of good info on there, most of the members seem to be from the US though. There is some info on there about sucking exercises and stretching exercises to do after it has been snipped to prevent reattachment.
    Or google Dr Bobbie Ghaheri - some good info on his website too.
    In the meantime I would pump between feeds, even if you're not getting much volume it is still stimulating you breasts.
    Good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Herbs of gold breastfeeding support is awesome too.

With DS1 I had terrible supply and ended up on motillium plus all the supplements under the sun.

DS2 I needed less supplements and I'm currently feeding DS3 who is 3 months and I haven't needed anything at all. I reckon the more babies you have the better your boobs get at it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP how did you go with the TT snip? Any improvements yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    My DS2 had posterior tongue tie and upper lip tie snipped at 4 weeks old. One of my nipples was totally shredded, and still hasn't completely healed at 10 weeks.
    I haven't had any problems with supply - but supply problems are very common with TT. Good that you are getting it treated so soon, hopefully all your problems will resolve soon after.
    There is a TT support group on Facebook, lots of good info on there, most of the members seem to be from the US though. There is some info on there about sucking exercises and stretching exercises to do after it has been snipped to prevent reattachment.
    Or google Dr Bobbie Ghaheri - some good info on his website too.
    In the meantime I would pump between feeds, even if you're not getting much volume it is still stimulating you breasts.
    Good luck
    Another mum of a tongue tied and lip tied baby here.

I agree with the above poster about the FB support group. The international group is great but there is also an Australian one. Good luck. Xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Olismum my bub always had latch issues, never 100% got a diagnosis of a tongue tie but people did think he has a posterior one. Nipple shields kept me breastfeeding, otherwise I would have stopped when bub was only a few days old cause of the pain. Sometimes they are a pita to use but they might be worth a try. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should find brewers yeast at those health food shops that have all the bins that you scoop up your nuts and seeds and flour and stuff in the quantity that you need. Xxx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (05-12-2014)